Chapter 28.

New York City, New York.
November 24th, 2016
Ivory.

" So...Mrs. Carter, the baby is fairly healthy and so are you.  5 months down, 4 more to go."

I smiled hearing the doctor say that, as it added more light to my day. Knowing that the baby was okay and that I was as well made me more optimistic about being carrying to full term, despite the negative thoughts of miscarriage that would crawl into my mind at times.

After asking a few questions and going over some things with the doctor, I made my way out of the office and into the car. My first thought was to call Cairo, and let him tell him about the appointment. But I ended up texting him as he didn't answer my call — I figure he wouldn't anyway since he was at the studio working. After doing just that, I went on and contacted my sister Trina.

" Ivory....hello?"

" Hey T...you sound like you're out and about? Do I need to call later?"

" N-No...what's going with you? You good?"

" Yeah, I actually just came from doctors appointment."

" H-How did that go?"

" It was great. The baby's fine...I'm fine. This is the longest pregnancy I've had yet." I say, another smile coming across my face. I heard pants and murmurs on the other end of the phone, which left me wondering and confused.

" Trina?"

" I-Ivy...you're gonna meet with Lance at this one location, okay? It's where he's been at the most."

" Okay...when can I go in?"

" F-Frank is gonna talk to h-him and see. Have you filed the abuse reports and all?"

" Mhm....all I have to give them is the time and the day." I say to Trina. Again, I could hear those same noises through the end of the line, and some of them were coming from Trina herself.

" Trina, what's going with you?"

" Look— I'm gon have to call you back. Fuck!"

I put the phone down immediately and hung up after I realized what was going on on the other end of the line. It made me chuckle honestly — my sister would be the one having sex while on the phone. Lord.

But on the other hand, I was glad to know that Frank was going to drop one of the locations where he meets up with Lance. This was perfect for an ambush. I needed to contact Lewis, who was one of the investigators for the reports that I filed on Lance. He agreed to have Lance set up, that way he can be caught red handed and all. As I was dialing in his number, Cairo's contact icon popped up on my phone, as he was calling me back. When I answered, he sounded like he was caught up, like he was in trouble almost — which had me concerned.

Brooklyn, New York.
6:45 p.m
Cairo.

I was looking around, waiting till I saw a black Rolls Royce, just like she described. Seeing nothing out of the window, I paced around, walking forward and back in the room. My whole team was here at the studio with me, along with my homeboys. It was best for me to down here anyway, cause if I was in downtown NYC — I probably would be getting taken into custody at the moment.