Chapter 16.

New York City, New York.
July 28th, 2016.
Cairo

I was sitting with Ivory, laid up on the couch here in my condo

I was sitting with Ivory, laid up on the couch here in my condo. We'd been watching movies and relaxing, being all cuddled up and shit. It felt nice, being with her more often. Had me feeling like I was a priority now.

We were currently watching ' Scary Movie 2 ', but it was seeming like I was the only interested. Every time I looked up, Ivy was on her phone....not that it was really bothering me a lot. But on the flip side, it kind of was.

" you okay?"

" y-yeah...just a lot of emails and messages from customers and stuff." she says. I could tell from the look that wasn't all of it though.

" Ivory. Be straight up with me and tell me what's on your mind. I wanna know."

" Do you really?"

" Why wouldn't I?"

" Because it's not something you would want to hear."

" I'll be the judge of that..." I say. " I just don't want you here with me if you got something weighing on your mind baby."

" Well...." she says, exhaling. " It's Lance."

" What's going on?"

" I don't even know....it's like we been arguing over nothing. Things that won't even matter...and I guess it's taking a toll on me. I hate doing it with him."

" Hm, sound like a every week thing with you two."

" I guess it's just apart of us making things work...I can't lie and say that our relationship hasn't gotten slight better." she says. I started to chuckle, hearing her say that.

" What?"

" It's real funny how you saying that y'all are tryna work things out when you're here with me."

"...Cairo."

" Nah, for real. Ain't no friends when it comes to you and I."

" you know how things are between Lance and I...I just can't leave. I-It's not that simple for me."

" How come? Your family won't be down with it? So what? You scared that you might lose it all? Well, you ain't. Cause you're self made...and you got a nigga whose willing to do it all for you. Ten toes down, solid."

"....stop giving him so much power over you. Take it back. You too pretty for that, inside and out." I say. She slowly starts to blush as she looked away.