Chapter 4.

New York City, New York.
Day After, 6:35 a.m.
Omniscient.

It was early in the morning, and somehow Cairo was well awake

It was early in the morning, and somehow Cairo was well awake. It was odd for him, cause he was not an early bird. Being bored from just sitting around, he decided to get dressed to workout. He drove to an empty trail, running 2 miles. It only took him 15 minutes to do, but he took some time, just walking around in natural.

Going back home, he took another shower and ate a bagel for breakfast. He sat at his piano, playing around with some of the keys. He had a lot on his mind, specifically his fam.

He assumed that his family didn't really try to reach out to him anymore, because of him being a star. Even when he tried to reach out to them, it was always something that was going on that stopped him. So they really didn't contact or see each other as much. But matters got worse when his grandmother got really sick last November, having to be hospitalized. It brought them together, but it ended in some BS, as Cairo's brother claimed that he only came around to look good for media.

Cairo kept his distance from them, all expect from his grandmother. They decided to put her into a nursing and rehabilitation center. He felt like she was the only one who still accepted him and viewed him as her grandchild, and not a paycheck.

With her heavy on his mind, he decided to go and see her. He got into his black BMW, driving all the way to West Philadelphia to see her.

____

Pulling into the parking lot, Cairo parked his car

Pulling into the parking lot, Cairo parked his car. He checked his phone once more, because he wasn't planning on doing so when he got into the facility. He wanted all of his attention and focus on his dear grandmother.

Stepping out of the car, the thick cool air hit his face. It felt like Philly to him, somewhat of his hometown. His whole family moved here when he was 14, so part of his childhood memories were here. But most of them in his eyes were in
Virginia, where he was born and raised for the most part.

Cairo got chills going into the facility, seeing all of the older people around. Some seemed content, looking out into the open, playing cards or bingo. Others seemed blank and lost, seeming as if they weren't sure where they were. Either that or they simply weren't happy. It could be seen in some of their eyes.