Chapter 14.

Queens, New York City.
Ivory

I was sitting down inside of a club, Frank's club to be specific. I came here with Lance, but Trina tagged along with us too. I don't even know where she was at, but I'm sure she was having a good time out in the dance crowd. She's a party girl.

Lance was off, chatting it up and hanging with his guys way across the club. I could see them vividly, as they all sat on the second floor of the club. I didn't mind sitting alone like I was, as I had time to myself for once.

I haven't  been able to like I wanted since I've been out and busy with Lance. He's been helping me with the business surprisingly, and I've been going to therapy with him lately. It's honestly been good for the both of us and for our hard working marriage.

" Hey girl!"

I turned around, surprised to see Sharon here. Honestly, I would've though she would be getting ready to head to Mexico, getting ready for her wedding that was happening in three days.

" Sharon...what in the world? What are you doing here?"

" Girl, Nathan's mother called and offered to babysit, which gave us the night to ourselves!"

" And this is how you guys wanted to spend it?"

" Nathan wanted to drop by...says Lance hit him up. And I didn't mind, so here we here. How you doing girl?"

" I'm doing okay...honestly, I could use some sleep at this point."

" I feel you sis...some sleep can help a sista out a whole lot..." Sharon says, making me grin.

" So what's up with this wedding? I thought you would've been gone by now, getting prepared and all."

" Well, I let my mom take care of most of the things...since she was dying to do so. And she advised us just to come. So that's what we're gonna do. We leave tomorrow evening."

" Oh okay....Lance and I planned on leaving two days from now."

" Well that's fine...just be ready to turn the hell up! Cause it's about to go down in Mexico!" Sharon says, both of us laughing. I see Trina coming toward the table, walking strangely as she came our way.

" Well hello Ms.Trina. Long time no see."

" Hey Sharon...you look like you lose some weight. What's your secret?"

" Girl, them Zumba classes at the YMCA ain't no joke. Just 2 weeks of that and bam, 15 pounds of me!" Sharon says.

" Well, the next time you go, make sure you invite a sista. Cause this arm fat has to go!" Trina says. The three of them chat for some time, up until Sharon decided to head out. Once she was gone, Trina sighed, taking a seat right in front of me.

" What's all that for?"

" Shit, I'm glad she's gone. I needed to sit the fuck down." Trina says, flopping down in the chair.

" Yeah, I seen the walk you walked over here. You okay?"

" Mhm, I'm fine...and you thank Mr. Man over there for the way I'm walking." Trina says, nodding her head to the right.

" Gir—really? Is that why you came over here with Lance and I?"

" That's part of the reason. Shit, you thought I was lying when I said I wanted to play stepmom huh?" Trina says. I shake my head, chuckling. I couldn't believe Trina really got down with Frank.

" So what's happening with you? You looking all stressed and shit, while we at this club. Meanwhile, your hubby is here living the time of his life!" Trina says. I look up to where he was at, and she was right. He was having a good time.