Chapter 30.

EPILOGUE.
final.

Calabasas, California.
January 4th, 2018.
Ivory.

" Come on babygirl! Come on, you're almost there baby! Almost there!"

I smiled and stood by Cairo as we watched our daughter, Amira nervously stood in front of the slide. She sat down, her face still being full of fear. I wanted her to conquer those fears, and put them rest.

" YAY! Good job baby!" I said excitedly, seeing her come down the slide. She fell into my arms, giggling in the very moment as she was proud of herself.

I felt Cairo's hand tug on my arm, and turned around. He had his phone in his hand, taking a picture of us all here at the park. We always went on afternoons like this —— plus, it was something that Amira looked forward to doing, especially after her time in daycare.

" You tired Mira? Hm? You ready to go home?" I asked her, seeing her yawn actively. She had gotten to be squirmy, as she wiggled and groaned in my arms.

" Ah, come baby girl! you want to come to daddy?" Cairo asked, opening his arms. Amira's mood changed quickly, and soon she was giggling and laughing as Cairo swung
her high into the air, spinning in circles.

" She's such a daddy's girl..." I say, as we all began to walk to the car.

" I knew she would be. Just from the way she would act in your stomach." Cairo says, making me grin. We settled into our car and drove down the street, getting to our house.

Our new home. We've been here for a little over just a year, just like Amira had been. It was near the hills in a small gated community, and was pretty secluded from all of the other homes. It wasn't too far from the city, which was  convenient for both Cairo and I — plus we had an amazing view of the city...which was also convenient for us both.

Getting there, we had top notch security in place — so I never had to worry about the safety around here. Amira ran to Nancy, who was our house maid/ nanny. She was practically apart of the family to be honest, as she was here 24/7. As she had Amira occupied, I went on upstairs to Cairo and I's master bedroom. I went into the bathroom to change out of my clothes, turning on my TV to keep my company. I honestly needed to get on these online tabs for my business, and maintain that the way I needed.

And I did just that, moving along swiftly. Cairo crept up behind me as I laid on my side. I could feel his presence, not even having to turn around. He snuggled his nose behind my ear, kissing my neck with his lips. I felt his hands go down on me, making me laugh. It tickled me.

" Baby, stop. We're not alone..."

" but what's stopping us? Amira is out with Nancy, and the door is closed..."

" Don't you have studio meeting to get to?"

" Yeah...but that can all wait, especially for you." Cairo says, his hands pulling down my shorts. I couldn't resist his touch — and I've never been able to. So with that, I braced myself for the loving that was about to happen between
us two. However.....

My attention was pulled away piece by piece as I seen what the media coverage was over. His name popped up, and it had me froze. I hadn't even thought of him in what seemed forever to me — and I didn't I would have to see it very much. But there it was displayed on the screen, along with his face — the headline named: Music producer and CEO Lance Carter, fortune and all hail to being in jail. A guy from his team was speaking for him, saying that Lance was in good shape and had asked for his supporters to continue to pray for him — making it clear that he was determined to get out of jail.

" Ivory...you hear me babe?" Cairo asked, taking me out of my very thought.

" Y-Yes...I'm okay baby. I'm fine."

" Mhm...you don't gotta lie to me Ivy. I know what's up on your mind." Cairo declared. " It's what's on TV."

"...I thought you were over that."

" I am Cairo...it's just —- it's still crazy for me to see that the man that I once thought was the one like that — no saying he doesn't deserve it all."

"....it's nothing C. I'm telling you baby— It's just weird." I say. And it was true—and actually pretty deeper than weird for me, since I knew something Cairo didn't.

I hadn't told Cairo about the note that I got from Lance— I don't even know how it had gotten here in LA, but it did. It was crazy honestly. But in the note, he wrote about how he missed me, how he was doing, how he felt about me. It was positive and negative shit all through the letter. But what had me shook up the most was when he said he was going to get me, how he was finished with me. It had me really anxious, but I managed with it all.

I dealt with it myself because I didn't want to worry Cairo, and have him all fixated on it. Hell, I didn't want to be all fixated on it. I didn't want it to affect my family. And so the best way to do was to not think about, not bring it up — and to also realize that Lance is in my past. He's in my past. He isn't apart of my life now, and he won't be.

" Ivory, you know I can when some shit is up, right? You ain't all that slick when it comes to hiding your thoughts."

" Oh really?"

" Yeah. Really." Cairo says.

" Then you should know what I'm thinking..." I say, looking dead at him as my hands went his neck. I pulled him down for a kiss, really just wanting our focus to migrate off of all that was on TV.

" I love you Ivy..." Cairo says to me. " And you don't ever gotta worry again. I'm gon' make sure life is easy for you... and you don't ever gotta worry about that nigga again..." he went on. I nodded my head, wincing as I felt his lips on my lower half.

" you don't ever gotta worry about that nigga again..."

Hopefully that would remain true...hopefully.

___

AND THAT'S A WRAP! Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to read, comment, and share this book! I truly hoped that you have enjoyed it. I can't believe I'm really finished with my first book, but all good things come to an end!

It's been expressed through private messages for me to do continue on, making a sequel to this book! Should I make another book about Cairo and Ivory? LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS!

Again, thank you to everyone who has read this book! You're truly appreciated!

STAY TUNED FOR MORE BY @LOVELYKOKOWRITES.