021

you knocked on the door with the numbers '46' written on the label. you were waiting for miss rizin to open up and leave for work.

"miss rizin sure is taking her sweet time huh?" you glanced at your wristwatch for what seems like the hundredth time, seeing that it's already been ten minutes since the time that was told for them to be there.

"she's probably still getting ready, be a bit more patient." he replied.

"that's what you said the last five minutes." you groaned, slumping on the porch stairs railing.

"it's because you kept whining about how your legs 'burn' from standing too long." sakusa said, pursing his lips.

well, it's true. he's been there with you the whole time but you never heard him complaining about anything.

"i'm patient, okay? and for the record, i wasn't whining. i was just stating the obvious." you stood back up straight.

"yea, sure."

just as you were about to send a sarcastic remark back, the door opened to reveal a girl standing barely at the height of your shoulder.

'god, she grew taller. what do the rizins even feed their kids?'

"come in, mom's panicking since she forgot to heat up our lunch." mayumi said, clipping her bangs to the side with a bobby pin.

"minoru you didn't turn the microwave on!"

you winced from the loud yell. you could see miss rizin scurrying across the room to the kitchen, scolding minoru who just stood there eating the sandwich he made himself.

"you sure we can come in mayumi? things seems to be a little...rough in there." you tried to put up a smile that turned out quite lanky.

"trust me, it's fine. she'll be more relieved once she knows that you guys are here. come in." mayumi opened the door wider, allowing you and sakusa to walk in.

you took off your shoes, bowing as you entered to show respect. miss rizin finally noticed your presence.

she quickly pulled you away to prepare the twins' lunches, leaving sakusa and mayumi still standing by the entrance.

"i thought you said taking care of us was boring?" mayumi asked, putting away her slippers so that sakusa would have space to open his shoes.

sakusa didn't give a response.

"is it because of hirami?" she asked again, in which sakusa just pushed her aside.

mayumi rolled her eyes. it's normal for sakusa to act like this with the twins, since he's actually been babysitting them for a few times before you moved in.

"thank you so much you two, i'll be heading out now." miss rizin quickly walked out the door, but stopped for a second when the door was about to close shut.

"you two would make great parents someday!" she said, and she's off.

"sakusa just pushed me a minute ago." mayumi sighed, gathering her archery equipment while minoru just pats her back in sympathy.

"mom doesn't know how much we have to go through when he's with us." minoru said.

"it was barely even a nudge." sakusa rolled his eyes, pushing them out the door to put on their shoes. you smiled contentedly, curious on how the day's gonna go.