020

"say, sakusa. have you ever babysitted before?" math period just ended, and the next class starts late since the teachers are having a school meeting.

"i don't do well with kids." he answered.

"not even toddlers?" sakusa paused from writing and looked up to see your face.

"especially toddlers." he said.

sakusa went back to writing an essay for english that was due in a week, leaving you still quite surprised with his response.

"then i suppose you would mind coming with me to babysit mayumi and minoru after school." you sighed and cross your arms, zipping up your jacket a bit higher since it was cold.

"you're babysitting the twins?"

"yea, why?"

"aren't they like, thirteen?"

you hummed as a response.

sakusa clicked his pen and placed his books away. he got his essay done. he stretched his arms and cracked his knuckles, letting out a relieved sigh seeing all his work completed.

"aren't they old enough to take care of themselves?"

"sakusa, mayumi knows jiu-jitsu and minoru's the school boxing club's representative student. mayumi won nationals in 2018 for the archery under 18 section, and minoru's labeled as the fifth champion boxer of his age within japan. i doubt anything will ever even get them a scratch - i don't think anyone could even manage to lay a hand on the twins if they wanted to."

"so you're point is..?" sakusa asked, the sentence trailing off.

"my point is, they still need someone to bring them to their practice sessions and stuff. and i was originally hoping you could send minoru to his boxing practice with your bike."

"and how did you know i have a bike?" sakusa asked.

"it's parked in front of your house..?" you answered, a tad bit confused on how absent-minded this guy can be sometimes.

"...right." he cleared his throat, embarassed.

you stared at him with a raised eyebrow, slowly averting your eyes away from him. that was awkward.

"okay, ill go." he sighed, giving in to your somewhat invitation. he could skip practice, so that was an advantage that comes once in a blue moon.

school went by like usual, and you were standing next to sakusa's shoe locker, waiting for him to arrive since he had to go tell his coach that he won't come to practice.

you already told coach your case first thing in the morning since you always forget stuff. you checked your watch to see how long he's been gone- not too long, only five minutes passed.

out of nowhere, komori went running from the hallways and tripped over his own feet. you quickly ran up to him in worry, dropping your school bag besides the shoe lockers.

"god, are you okay?" you panicked, seeing that komori was just laying there flat without a single movement.

suddenly, komori looked up as if nothing happened. "i'm fine!" he stood up straight, leaving you there worried for nothing.

"and what are you rushing for?" you asked komori, who was seemingly to be in quite a hassle- rambling through his locker, searching for something.

"i forgot my kneepads, that's all." komori saw you holding on to sakusa's bag. "where's sakusa?"

"he went to tell coach that he wouldn't be at practice today."

"why?" komori questioned, locking his locker and sliding on his kneepads.

"he's helping me take care of mayumi and minoru, they have competitions."

"ooh, wishing sakusa good luck then."

"good luck?" you raised your eyebrow. is sakusa that bad with babysitting, more so, a thirteen year old?

"he took care of minoru once, that guy never stops asking questions." komori remembered how sakusa went straight to bed after spending a whole day with minoru.

you chuckled at this. as soon as komori finished wearing his kneepads, he bid you adieu and ran back off to the gym.

he also bumped into sakusa along the way, which he was ready to go take care of the twins with you.

"good luck with minoru." he smirked.

"please shut up."