001

cloudy. it was a cloudy morning. steam covering your windows, the room temperature being so much more colder than usual.

how heavenly it would be to sleep in this weather. it would be raining by the time you walk out, you were sure it would.

so you brought an umbrella. a foldable one, to fit perfectly in your bag. you walked out the doorstep, expecting raindrops to fall as soon as you did so.

it was misty. no rain, just mist. your footsteps making a squelching sound when you walked over the dirt, preferably wet from last night's rain.

you dragged yourself to your windowsill, wiping off the steam using the palm of your hand. your bed looked so cozy, so warm.

the glass got smothered by another layer of steam, covering the view inside your room. the palm of your hand wet from the droplets.

'it's like god's way of telling me not to skip my first day.'

callously wiping off the condensed water on the hem of your skirt, you couldn't care less. the skirt was dark anyway, the residue wasn't visible.

there was talking, a lot of talking. voices overlapping with voices, this neighbourhood couldn't get any more merrier.

talking about neighbours, seems like your neighbour was about to go to school too. the same neighbour who helped you with your stuff when you moved in.

sakusa kiyoomi was the least merry person around, but it's not bothering anyone. so it's nothing to fret of.

"sorry, couldn't see you from all these boxes." the boxes fumbled, they were seconds away from dropping on the floor.

"it's fine. let me help you with that." the weight you had been carrying lessened, making it easier for you to continue your worknow with a little assist.

"thanks, are you from around here?" you asked, cracking your back after carrying not even half of your stuff.

might be from slouching in front of a computer for too long, but who knows.

"im from next door, actually." he scoffed, picking up more boxes from the moving truck. the workers weren't doing much.

they brought the couch in and acted like they swam the seven seas, but alright. their services were cheap, maybe that's why.

"oh. can i get your name then?" you moved your hair to the back, a few strands sticking on your neck. it was hot, the sun was blaring.

"sakusa, kiyoomi sakusa. and you?" his voice was to die for. it was ivory, in your way of words.

"hirami, y/n hirami. it's nice to meet you sakusa."

"likewise."