017

the design of itachiyama's volleyball club outfit was atrocious. the colours were awfully bright and were too glowy- which you were sure would glow in the dark as they were neon.

you placed the box filled with a bundle of dreadful, neon coloured jackets in the middle of the gym. wasn't a nice sight to see.

you straightened your back and forced a smile to cover up the fact that the first years would definitely have a grudge with the choice of the uniform's colour palette.

you watched as the first years scattered around the box of clothing, while your legs stepped a few steps backwards to avoid getting pushed.

your eyes twitched while the same strained smile lingered on your face. you were sure that you'll cringe after seeing the first years reaction to the jackets, but you have to stand there anyway.

there was no other choice, you had to keep your composure to make sure the first years are at least, grateful that they have a sweet and thoughtful manager in the end.

surprisingly, all the first years had in their mind was how happy they were to get that jacket.

one of them came up to you and babbled for a good two minutes about how she always dreamt of being able to wear the uniform someday.

you were managing both the boys and girls team, but you were more responsible and needed on the boys side.

once the girl left to thank the coach for the jacket, a hand hovered over your face. the hand belonged to tsukasa, the teams captain.

"what?" you raised a brow, hesitantly taking hold of the flashy, neon jacket which was once in his grasp.

"that's your manager jacket." he answered.

"i'm not wearing this, it's too swanky." you said, examining the jacket once more.

sakusa sighed and snatched the jacket away from you, then throwing it directly at your face.

"what was that for!?" you yelled, steadying your balance.

"even our first years know how to be grateful, so why can't you?" sakusa said, turning around to get his own jacket.

he was just trying to hide the fact that he was holding in a wheeze, but okay.