025

"i smell like a bowl of beef stew after it's left in the microwave overnight." mayumi physically gagged, smelling her attire.

"how do you even know that?" you asked, handing out the popsicles and throwing the plastic bag in the trash can.

"ask minoru." she rolled her eyes, glaring daggers at her twin brother. it wasn't the most delightful memory, the scent in the kitchen the next morning was obnoxious.

"wasn't my fault dad ended up buying takeout!" he protested, biting a chunk of his popsicle afterwards. also something mayumi couldn't comprehend.

"but it was your fault the kitchen was radioactive for two days." she argued back, in which minoru crossed his arms as a simple sign of defeat.

mayumi paid no mind, it wasn't as if this hasn't happened before. the sulkings, the 'im-not-hungry' stuff, it was a norm for her to go through those things daily.

she just continued licking her popsicle, which blocked out the stench of her sweat for a moment. you on the other hand, were eyeing sakusa's popsicle. it was slowly dripping onto the pavement.

"your popsicle's melting, sakusa." you quickly finished your popsicle and threw it in the nearest trash can.

you pulled out a packet of wet tissues and took one out. you were prepared for these things to happen.

sakusa wrapped the stick of the popsicle with a dry tissue (which he also got from you) and held it with his other hand.

the twins were placing their bets on who will confess their feelings first.

"i bet he's gonna tell her first." minoru nodded, tapping his foot while he took another bite of his popsicle. mayumi cringed at this.

"have you been blind? sakusa would never. hirami would be the one to initiate anything." mayumi whisper yelled in a matter-of-fact tone.

some of sakusa's fingers were wrapped with plasters. you silently assumed it was from volleyball.

"do your fingers hurt?" you asked.

"they're mostly small bruises, it only hurts when you put too much pressure on them." sakusa answered.

"you really worry about me, don't you?" he smirked, feeling bold out of nowhere.

"of course i do, im your manager." you replied, composing yourself on the inside. never once would he thought that one day, he was going to get manager zoned.