027

you couldn't sleep last night. you did, but only for a few hours. you were busy thinking about the note, and waiting for tomorrow to come.

and now that it did, you were more than nervous. it felt as if it's your first time seeing him after years of being apart.

you tied your shoes messier than you usually do, double looping the laces and placing the long ends in the sides of your shoe.

the aglets pressing on the sides of your foot everytime you take a step was rather annoying and quite uncomfortable, but you paid no mind.

you quickly ran to sakusa's house, waiting for him to come out and walk with you to school, like how you always did within the past few months.

sakusa walked out the door. you stood up as soon as you heard the door creak. it was pretty awkward, but he continued his routine either way.

"good morning, sakusa." you hummed, not batting an eye.

"good morning hirami." he replied in a flat tone. the situation was awkward. you knew you needed to do something to break the ice.

"say, sakusa." you sighed, holding his wrist so he would stop walking. you rummaged your bag to look for the cat pouch.

you took out the four different coloured notes. three of them neatly folded into little origami hearts.

"did you write all this?" you asked.

"would you be delighted if i did?" he replied, a smug look on his face.

"oh i would be very." you taunted.

"then yeah, i did." he replied, that same look still there.

you didn't say anything for a few. out of nowhere, you hugged his waist and hid your face in his chest. your hand repeatedly hitting him gently.

"i thought it was miss kazashi at some point." you said, your voice came out mumbled.

"boohoo." he teased, slowly rubbing the back of your head with his hand.

"rude." you sighed with a smile, pulling away from the hug. your hand instinctively slipped into his, and you continued to walk to school like usual.

"so... are we a thing now?" you asked in a curious manner.

"do you want us to be?" he queried, eyeing the squirrel sprinting up the tree branch.

"obviously." you responded.

"guess we're a thing then." he said, tightening his grip on your hand. now you just have to figure out on how to break the news to komori, without him making a big deal out of it.