Chapter 28 ⭐️

This art of Haru with mother in law/Auntie Mikoto has me going thru sad girl hours pls JFKJNFF Thinking of making a filler in my extra scenes book where Mikoto and Luna hang out with the babies because of this!!

•••••••••••••

Walking around town after so long filled Haru with ease.

Although she was definitely getting many looks and greetings She could tell that out of respect for her two little ones, peoples weren't coming up to her as often as before.

So it was much easier to stroll around with Katsuro holding onto her hand and Hiko perched on her hip.

She was intent on heading to Tsunade as the first thing she did, knowing that if she procrastinated for this appointment during her trip she wouldn't be able to sleep at night wondering how it'd go.

Plus....she really just wanted to relax at dinner tonight!

However, she couldn't help but stop midstep as she passed by a sweets shop, one she often frequented as a child that helped nurture her love of dango. She glanced down at Katsuro, and the fact that he's staring at the shop curiously has her changing course immediately.

She has to stop by and get some sweets for her babies! (And herself, of course)

Haru walks into the shop, smiling brightly at the waitress before going and ordering some servings of dango and beverages.

Upon sitting down and placing Hiko on her lap, she giggles at how excited Katsuro looks. She watches his big red eyes dash around the quaint restaurant as he smells the yummy sweets being cooked up behind a cloth that separates the customer area from the kitchen.

"Mommy? Are we gonna get umm.....candy?" He asked curiously, tilting his head as he tried to find the right words.

Katsuro was amazingly smart for his age and very eloquent, but at the end of the day he's only two, and it shows in his little mispronunciations and confusions while speaking.

Haru smiles down at him, running her hand through his silky hair as she nods. "Yes! You're gonna have some yummy dango okay?"

Katsuro nods with a dimpled smile, squeaking out in excitement when the waitress approaches the table with two platters serving dango, one of which came with some extra mochi on the side!

Haru's eyebrows furrowed as she didn't order the mochi, and just as she's about to let the waitress know, she's promptly beat to the task.

"The owner of this restaurant recognized you and wanted to offer some free mochi to the little one, she said you really liked it when you were little as well, Haru-hime." The waitress claimed with a nervous smile to which Haru's eyes widened.

She perked up to look around in search of the owner, only to gasp when she found her. She's far older than Haru remembered her being, and she waves at Haru, to which the Senju waved back appreciatively.

"Alright, let her know I thanked her a lot, Even I forgot that I liked these so much." Haru sheepishly laughed, to which the waitress quickly agreed and left to give the princess some space.

Haru held a dango piece of tango and handed it to Katsuro. "And what do we say?"

"Thank you mommy!" Haru watches as the raven-haired boy munches on the soft sweets before enjoying her own serving of green tea.

"Give some to your brother," Haru instructed softly, taking one of the dango's and holding it up to Hiko's lips. She giggles when he takes a tiny bit and chews on it slowly, testing the taste.