Chapter 8 - Hey, Dad, These Are My Friends

"Hey, Zabby?" I looked up from the book I borrowed from Donnie and saw Casey standing in the doorway with his hand behind his neck. I raised an eyebrow and set down the book against my lap. "Yes? Is something wrong?" I asked, tilting my head on one side, the habit I didn't know I had until Mikey informed me.

"Uhm...yes, there's something wrong. You know, your dad has been...worried. Like, really worried. I already asked sensei if we can introduce them to him."

"But don't you think he'll freak out?"

"He will, I'm sure of that. But I think he'll be fine with it, besides, they're our friends after all."

I sighed and folded my arms. "Fine. But can you promise me he won't get mutated like April's dad?"

He hesitated for a moment, looking at the floor. I furrowed my eyebrows. "He won't get mutated...right?"

"Sorry, Zabrina. We can't promise you that." the voice of Splinter suddenly says. He appeared behind Casey, his hands behind his back. He has a sorry look on his face.

I looked down my lap and sighed. "I...I think it's for the better. I don't want him to worry." I mumbled.

I felt someone holding my hand on my lap, a green hand. I looked up and saw Mikey, giving me a really cute smile which I returned.

×~×~×~×~×

Mikey's beside me, telling funny stories about their childhood. There's one time Leo tried to cook them dinner, Mikey was so excited but the others look uneasy, let's just say someone ended up puking.

"Hey, Hey. Let me tell you about that time when Raph spilled a bowl of soup in Splinter's robes!" Mikey laughed, but as he was about to tell me, a scream caught our attention.

I shook my head. "He's here."

Mikey looked at me before standing up. He helped me up and led me towards the main room. The sight didn't surprise me. I expected him to act like this.

He's holding a broom, pointing it at the turtles.who were trying to calm him down. His pupils are small and his breathing is raspy. I shook my head.

"G-get away from me you freaks! C-Casey, WHY DID YOU BRING ME HERE?!" my dad's panicked voice yelled.

"Dad, calm down." I rolled my eyes as he turned to me. He looks relieved, but that look disappeared as soon as it came. He saw Mikey holding me.

"Zabby, get away from that thing!"

"Dad, they were the ones who rescued me, calm down. Geez. They're not going to hurt you."

"B-b-but..."

"Dad. Let go of the broom."

He hesitated, but did what I said, setting the broom down. I let out a breath. Leo stepped up, but my dad took a step back and used his arm to shield himself.

"Don't take another step or you'll regret it." He threatened.

"Dad." I warned.

Leo took another step with his hands in front of him, like he's trying to calm him down. Out of a sudden, my dad grabbed Leo's wrist and flipped him over, pinning him down as he sits on him, holding Leo's wrist on his shell.

This took me by surprise. I never knew he could do that. I've never even saw him defending himself, better yet do that move.

"What the heck dad! Let him go!!" I yelled.

He looked at me, his face softening. His eyes went back to the turtle underneath him (that's what she said) and let's go of his wrist. He scurried back to his feet.

"Oh, for God's sake, stop panicking." I rolled my eyes and placed my hand against my forehead.

"B-but...h-how...when..."

"I think I need to explain some things."

Π~×Π~×Π~×Π~×Π~×Π

Okay, I am so sorry. I'm not really into TMNT that much anymore, but I still like it. I'm sorry for not updating. I'm pretty sure most of you are pretty frustrated and can't contain your undying rage (or maybe not, I don't know), but here I am!

I think my Skyrim fanfiction is taking up too much of my time. Also YouTube. So I am terribly sorry.

~Zabby