Chapter 1 - New Girl

I stepped in the school doors, ducking my head as if that would lessen the attention the students were giving me. I gripped the straps of my bag tighter as someone approached me. She has blonde curls and bright blue eyes, a smirk covered her face. She's wearing a white shirt underneath and a pink vest, matched with a black skirt and pink boots.

"Why hello there." she said in a rather calm, soothing voice, as if trying to lure a shy cat out a corner. "You must be the new girl, nice to meet you. I'm Shirley, what's your name?"

"Z-Zabrina." I stuttered. Ugh! Why am I so shy around new people?!

"What a pretty name! It suits your pretty features really well!" she complimented. Too bad, I don't like being complimented.

"Thanks...I guess."

"You know what else suits you? Our group! You look pretty enough to be one of us." she gestured to the group of girls behind her.

I took a peek and saw their appearances. Almost all of them are wearing pink! It's either pink or purple! One of them was putting on lip gloss and looking at her mirror, as if trying to make her face prettier. Another was winking to a group of boys passing by. And the last one, she was fixing her dress and trying to flirt with the boys by 'accidentally' lifting her skirt up.

I looked back at Shirley, who was staring at me the whole time. I saw an evil glint in her eyes but it disappeared as soon as it came. I gathered up my courage and said "I'm sorry, but I'm not the kind of girl you're looking for."

She frowned and said "Very well, so you're saying you're one of the nerds, eh?"

"Well....yes." I chickened out to say something back that would burn her.

"Ugh! You-"

She was cut off by a familiar voice calling out "Hey! Zabby!"

We turned our heads towards the voice and saw my one-and-only cousin, Casey Jones. He stopped beside me and puts an arm around my shoulder. I rolled my eyes.

"Hey, ladies. Seems like you met my cousin already." Casey said, smirking.

"Cousin?!" they all yelled. Wow, I've never been thankful to the girls for not noticing that we're related.

"Yeah, we're pretty close. Right, cous'?"

It's true, we're pretty close. We used to play hockey together, but I got into martial arts so I stopped. But we still share some traits.

"Yeah...I guess."

"So, what've you been talking about with Zab?" Casey asked, probably thinking that they would say a lie.

"Oh! We've been talking about how pretty she is! And how she could join us! You know, since she's so pretty and her cousin's so...hot." she sighed the last part, which made her friends sigh too.

"Really? Zab? Are you gonna join them?"

"Not really...since I'm not into...pink."

Casey laughed at the last part. "You know what, Zab. If you're not my cousin, I'll totally date you." he laughed again, which left the girls with their jaw dropped.

"Casey...can you help me find History class?" I asked, since I'm new.

"Cool! We got the same class! Anyway, bye girls." Casey called off as we walked towards the History class.

We stepped inside with Casey's arm still around me, which caught a lot of glances from the students. They began whispering with each other, making me nervous. What if they think that I'm Casey's girlfriend?! What if they think that he's not my cousin?!

"Hey, people!" Casey called out. "Meet my cousin, Zabby!"

They looked at me, some people sighed, mostly girls. "C'mon, Zab! Say 'hi'!"

I just rolled my eyes and slipped off his arm. I walked towards the empty seat on the far end of the room. I'm okay with far distance, since I'm wearing glasses.

I looked at my wrist watch, 7:45, classes don't start until 8:30, I guess I'm pretty early. I took out my favourite book, 'CROMM'

It's a really old book, it's made in 1951, I saw that on the back of the book. I bought it in a book convention...or is it called something else? Eh, whatever. So I saw this old guy standing behind a booth with books neatly placed in a table, he seems interesting, so I approached him and ask him for book with dark magic. He gave me four books 'Time Spell', 'Dagger', 'Frost', and 'CROMM', I LOVE THEM ALL! So I bought them, even if the cover's already peeling off and the pages are brown and it smells really old. I LIKE BOOKS LIKE THAT!

Mid-way a sentence, a hand slammed on my table, almost causing me to drop my fragile book. I looked up and saw a hot boy hovering over me. He has curly black hair, paired with the most stunning blue eyes I have ever seen. He's wearing a black shirt with a skull drawn in the front and black jeans. I can tell this guy likes black a lot.

"Hey there, hot-stuff." he told me, biting his lower lip. It somehow made me blush, making his friends chuckle. "What's your name?"

"Her name's Zabrina and it's none of your business, Jayrick." the voice of your cousin says behind him. He turned around just to see face-to-face with Casey, who's glaring at him.

"What's the matter? She IS hot enough to beat Shirley's overheating body."

"So you're saying you're gonna break up with Shirley just to get my cousin? Heh, I don't think so."

"Why not? I like her style, all black and emo, not like pink and glitter-ish."

He was right, I do look emo. I'm in a black turtleneck sweater with a creepy purple smile and demon eyes drawn on the middle, I'm also wearing ripped jeans and black boots with red belts on it. I have one fingerless glove and a leather vest. But my face and intelligence is the total opposite of my clothes. I mean, look at me! I frieking wear red framed glasses and my hair is wavy! Not that wavy, it just turns into a ringlet on the end, but   MY FACE LOOKS INTELLIGENT WHILE MY CLOTHES LOOKS LIKE I'M AN EMO-FREAK!!

"Whatever Jayrick, just go away from my cousin or-!"

"Or what?" Jayrick cut him of.

"I'm gonna make sure that you'll never speak like that again."

He just stared at Casey before scoffing and walk away with his group. I looked at Casey, who gave me a wink, and smiled. I love having a cousin like him.

"Anyway, I'm gonna introduce you to two other girls." he said, taking a seat beside me.

"You hang around with girls?" I replied, quite startled. I mean, why on earth would he hang with girls?! HE'S THE CASEY JONES!

"Hey, I only hang around Irma because April wants her to come. April's my tutor and friend."

"You mean, giiiiiiirlfriend?" I teased, he smirked. "Yeah, kind of." he replied, the smirk never leaving his face.

"Holy guacamole...you have a girlfriend and you never told me?" I'm trying to keep my voice down, since I don't want to gain attention.

"Not actually, she's kind of....friend-zoning me."

"Ouch."

He glanced at the front door and perked up. I followed his gaze and saw a girl  with ginger-coloured hair. April.