Chapter 21

Walking back towards the farm I take a turn and head for the small town "Well this turned out to be a very hot day" I whine wiping the sweat off my forehead. Taking my flannel off I tie it around my waist, stopping when I hear the familiar groans of a walker.
Turning around on my heel I look at the decaying face of woman. She starts stumbling towards me her arms outstretched trying to grab me. "Aw darlin you can't get get anywhere in life looking like that" I qiup my lips in a hard line. I swing the bat down on her heead her skull popping open, she falls limp to the ground. Turning back around I put my bat on shoulder and start humming a random tune.

***********RICK POV**********
Watching her walk away made me sad, or upset. The kind of feeling you get when you lay in bed and can still feel there warmth but not their body. I don't know what I'm feeling or if I can accept it

A hand on the back of my neck brings me out of my thoughts, a kiss to my jaw makes me almost recoil "Hey where'd you go." Looking over at lori my jaw ticks "I'm here" I mumble looking at my hands where a plate with eggs resides in them. hey guys" I continue eating listening to what glenn has to say "So...the barns full of walkers and malice is missing." I stop eating and look back at lori before turning to the bigger problem. The barn. Putting our food down we walk down to the barn, shane looking inside.

"You cannot tell me your all right with this" he growls walking past me "No I'm not but we're guests here this isn't our land." I respond back. "For god, this is our lives man" shane bellows.
"Lower your voice" glenn whisper yells "We can't just sweep this under the rug" andrea inputs. "It ain't right not remotely" t-dog adds. Shane starts pacing behind me "We either gotta go in there we gotta make things right or we just gotta go now we have been talking about fort benning for a long time." He insists "We can't go" I snap "Why rick why" he questions.

"Cause my daughter's still out there" carol speaks up "Okay car.....I think it's time we all start to just consider the other possibility." Shane huffs "Shane we are not leaving sophia behind" I growl "We're close to finding this little girl I just found her damn doll two days ago" Daryl barks  "You found her doll daryl that's what you did you found a doll, and it seems to me your more worried about a doll than your own niece" He nags

"Man you don't know what the hell your talking about" daryl hollers "I'm just saying what needs to be said here, now you get a good lead in the first forty-eight hours after that let me tell you something else man if she was alive out there and saw y'all coming, all methed out bloody, and geek ears around your neck she would run in the the other direction" he remonstates. I get in between a seething daryl and a nagging shane trying to stop the fight before it has a chance to begin. I  push shane away from daryl "Back up." I yell "keep your hands off me" he points at lori before walking away. "Just let me talk to hershel let me figure it out" I try to  compromise.  Shane storms back "Man what are you gonna figure out" He screams lori puts her hand in his chest pushing him back.

"If we're gonna stay if we're gonna clear this barn I have to talk him into it this is his land." I shout trying to get him to understand "Hershel sees those things in there as people, sick people his wife his-his stepson." Dale comments "You knew" I take a step back looking at him "Yesterday I talked to hershel." He reresponded "And you waited the night" Shane angrily hisses "I thought we could survive one more night we did." He looks back at me "I waited to this morning to say something but glenn wanted to be the one." Dale declared "That man's crazy rick, if hershel thinks those things are alive." Shane fumes but was cut off by the barn doors rattling.

Walking up to the house I hesitate for a second before knocking."Come on in" I open the door quietly shutting it. looking around before walking to the dining table, stopping next to an eating hershel "A little light reading for lunch." I lean my hands on the back of a chair "Been working so hard lately I get my study in where I can" I look at him for a moment. "You know we can help you out with your work" I suggest "it's my field to tend." He argues continueing to eat, I tick my jaw "We found the barn." I look over at him looking for a response "leave it be" He responds casually.