Chapter 19

"I don't know why your lettin officer friendly take care of ya raised a fighter not a pussy." Walking side by side with my dad is not what I was hopin for when I went to sleep. "Dad I'm not letting him take ca-" he steps in front of me blocking my path. "Bullshit you want him to take care of you cause ya like him well newsflash babygirl he's married, has a kid and you just turned eighteen if you think he'll want someone that young and inexperienced guess again babe." Merle spat at me, looking down everything crossing my mind. The lake, the bathroom, atlanta, the CDC I have been letting him take care of me.
"Your right dad I'll stay away from him." He smiles "There's my babygirl." I hug my dad with a sad smile on my face.

"Are you sure she was coughing blood and it wasn't a nose bleed." Hershel inquires "Yea I'm sure I cleaned her wound and she had a big bruise forming on her left rib and part of her back." Rick insisted then there was silence that seemed to last for eternity. "Alright I'll check it out when she wakes up." He assured rick. Somebody walks out of the room and I open my eyes and look at rick. It takes him a few minutes to notice I'm awake. I get out of bed careful not to wake carl, walking past him I stop in the doorway when he says my name. "Mal" I put my hand up "Don't rick, don't make me your problem." I huff walking out of the room and going outside.

"Malice wait" turning around I face rick in the door way "Let hershel look at ya just to make sure everything is alright" He pleads. I shake my head about to answer "Look at what" a voice interupts, Turning around I see shane walking towards the house. "Nothin, I was just leaving" I grumble walking away from the heading towards the camp. Walking past carols Cherokee with rick and shane behind me. "Morning guys lest get goin we got a lot of ground to cover" rick announces. Daryl makes his way to the car  and hands me a my tank top and flannel "Alright everyone's getting new search grids today, if she made it as far as the farm house daryl found she might of gone further east than we've been so far." Daryl puts on his flannel almost hitting me in the face.

"Can I come, I know the area pretty well so." One of hershel's group came up to the car. "Hershel's okay with this" rick queried "Yea, yea I uh he said I should ask you" The boy stutters, rick nods his head. "Alright then thanks" "About what daryl found doesn't scream Sophia to me anyone could of been holed up in that farm house" Shane speculates "Anybody includes her right" Andra states. "Well whoever slept in that cupboard was no bigger than yay high" Daryl exclaims raising his hand to about his hip.

"Good lead" andrea praised "Maybe we'll pick up her trail again" Rick assures. "No maybe about it I'm gonna borrow a horse head up this ridge right here, get a birds eye veiw of the whole grid she's up there I'll spot her." Daryl says "Can I go with if she's up there she'll probably be freaked. I was with her last so I should be there to find her." I ask looking daryl in the eye, he nods.
"I don't think that's a smart idea" declared rick,I look over at him "Not your problem rick." Dale brings the guns over and sets them on the hood. "Mal I have something you might want." He holds up my bat and I almost squeal with happiness "Thank you dale."

I walk off as they talk about daryls chupacabra, stepping in the rv I go to the bathroom and shut the door. Taking my shirt off I see almost my whole rib is blue and purple with spots of yellow. I'm to busy poking and inspecting my bruise I don't hear the bathroom door open.
Looking up in the mirror I shriek hurriedly covering my already covered boobs. Daryl stands there looking at my side "What happened" he grunts, I put on my tank top biting my lip to hold the hiss of pain in "I got hit with a well pumpy thingy." I put my flannel on picking up my bat and walking past him. "Don't worry daryl nothing's hurt I'm just bruised that's all."

Daryl and I walk to the stables and he saddles up a horse. He gets on first pulling me up after, we ride into the woods. After a half an hour or so I put my head on his shoulder "Tired" I shake my head "bored" he pats my leg and I sit up and help him with the bow. He shoots a squirrel and puts it in his belt while we're still on the horse. I start looking around and spot something pink in the water "Daryl look." I point at it and he stops the horse. Getting off the he shakes his head in a silent gesture telling me to stay. I grab the reins and watch him go down the the hill. Looking around for walkers I try to keep the horse steady. "Sophia" he roars climbing up the hill and getting back on the horse.