❦𝑻𝑾𝑬𝑵𝑻𝒀 𝑶𝑵𝑬❦

Start from the beginning

I wish I was that way. With me, if I was comfortable I could pour out everything I felt within minutes. And obviously, I was that vulnerable with Ali. So vulnerable that I hadn't been out of her room except for to use her bathroom for a few days. I'd just talking to her and thinking about my childhood and shit. I didn't feel like moving anymore, so I didn't.

Ali was constantly trying to get me up, seeing as graduation was in two days. I wasn't so focused on me going as she was. There wasn't a point of me going. I was getting my diploma and starting my store. That's all that mattered, but her seeing me walk across the stage mattered  to her, so it became a matter for me.

"Leo, you wanna get a haircut today? " She touched my hair.

"Nah, not really." Here we go.

"Why not? You wanna look nice for graduation pics and stuff. Plus, you ain't been out the bed in a bit."

"Ight," that made her smile. "I'll  go after I get in the shower." My first shower in days.

"What you mean 'I'? I'm coming with you. " Ali was taken aback for some reason.

"Nah, you can't go in the shop. It's on the bad side of the city and you not coming. That's it."

"Nigga, I am. Whether you like it or not, ima be in there helping that man line you up. Can you just let me come, please? I'll drop you at home after."

If I had my car I would just go by myself, but I didn't and Ali wanted my haircut.

"Ight, fine. But you gotta listen to me when we get there." I tried to show her that I was serious.

After me and Jay's lil drive by, I heard shit was popping off in Bankhead. I just didn't want Ali to be caught in that, but she was just so stubborn.

"I will, promise."

_______________

We got over there and I rushed her inside the barber shop. Of course, Ali decided to wear the shortest red tube top I'd ever seen and some black leggings. Cons of having a bad ass female was that other niggas didn't know boundaries.

"What up, Mar?! I ain't seen you in a grip, brotha." My barber, Darius, dapped me up. "Where you been?"

"Around nigga." I joked.

"And who is this?"He stared Ali down.

"I'm Ali, Mar's friend." She kept it short and simple.

Darius led us over to his station and put that cape over me. Ali sat in the chair next to mine and recorded me for her insta story.

"Wow, you be getting posted, Mar?" Darius tried to stir shit up.

"Ion got nun to hide." I was just ready to get back in our bed.

"Purrrr."

Once Darius had finished with my cut, I looked in the mirror and immediately felt better than when I walked in. Maybe Ali was right, this was what I needed to get me out the house.

"Than-"

"Clear this shit out! Mar, you ready to face ya shit now, nigga?!"

It, sadly, wasn't the first time that some big aha came in the shop looking for me. So, there was no panic from anyone inside. Everyone just did what they were told to.

"Ali, go." Knowing this was serious, she did what I told her to.

"I'm not a bitch. If I did sum you know I did it. Fuck you here for?" My gun was tucked in my waist.

"Nah, y'all knew Breeze was a fucking opp and y'all chilled with that nigga while he was over at our spot feeding us mad shit. You niggas let a fucking opp run his mouth to everyone and Ion like that. So, take care of it."

"You don't know shit about nothing that goes on with my peoples, ight? I was gonna take care of him, whether you came here or not. Fuck outta here before we got real problems my nigga." I didn't even know this guy.

"Bet. We'll see what happens." He threw sum up and left.

I quickly left out and get into the passenger seat of Ali's car. This was exactly why I didn't want to bring her here. Things could have been way worse and I wouldn't have be able to do anything about it.

"Are you okay?" She broke the silence.

"Yea." I thought about it for a sec. "I just need you to listen to me when I tell you shit like 'you can't come' and 'just stay here' cause you see what can happen out here."

"This is nothing new to me! I grew up round here. You not protecting me from nothing I ain't already seen." She kept her eyes on the road.

"I obviously can't change your mind. Take me to my place."

"I was going to anyways."

We drove the rest of the way to my apartment in silence. The air was tense, as it always was when we disagreed.  I hated how often we fought.

"I'll see you," I said when we got there.

"Yea, On saturday." Ali referred to graduation and sped off.

I needed to find a way to get out of this. Now that I was back in my room, all I wanted to do was stay in here. It felt better under my covers than doing shit that wouldn't contribute to anything in the long run.

My first therapist alway told me that I was an over thinker. I was probably barely ten. I didn't really know what it meant. I just knew it meant that I should've stopped thinking the way that I did. That was a skill that I could use right now. It would be useful to just shit my brain off and drift away into my own type of time and reality.

______________________________
What y'all think is wrong with Mar?

Are they too clingy? LMK and also writing sex scenes is so hard don't come for me love 😭

Leave a comment, vote and share 💞 much love