❦ 𝑻 𝑾 𝑶 ❦

"𝑨𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑺𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒎"

ALI | aliana
2020
Atlanta📍

"Ma, stop talking about Ms. Cheryl like that. You know that lady diagnosed crazy."

"Via, she interrupted the pastor talm bout some 'Jesus gon get y'all for hating on me'." Ma told me sister.

"She been crazy like that, though. But anyways, what you been up to Vi? I heard my lil sister got into a fight?" I questioned her.

Via was a freshman in highschool. I knew she was having problems with girls at school but I never knew it went this far.

"I only did because she was saying stuff that was way outta pocket and over a boy that I don't even like. Mind you, I've only spoken to him once."

"What she say to you?"

"She was like "you too dark for him and he don't like you so back off. he don't like dark skins.' I wasn't gonna let her talk about my skin tone like that. I love my skin and her internalized racism got her beat up." Via shrugged.

"Yessirrr, as you should. Bitches used to try to say shit about me like that. It's sad that our own race is so caught up in skin tones. We all black at the end of the day."

"Period pooh." Ma jumped in.

"Aht, see now you ruined it. Who taught you how to say that?"

"I be in here with Via and yo' daddy all day and Via be loud on tiktok so I caught on. Y'all just mad I'm hip."

I can't with this lady.

I went upstairs to my old room and sat on the bed looking at the old pictures. Some of  TyTy and I, some of all of us, and pictures of just me by myself.

I missed Tyrell more than anyone knew. I didn't talk about it and there was no reason for me to. He was dead and it was my fault. Who's gonna have sympathy for someone who got their brother killed?

I was knocked out of my thoughts when my phone buzzed.

Von🖤

wyd?

chilling at my mama house wbu

come see me ma

bet be there in 20
Read 6:32 PM

I closed my phone and took a quick shower. I'd been messing with Von off and on, but we both knew it was just a good fuck. We didn't have feelings for each other and we liked it that way.

When I got to Von's house in Bankhead, he was sitting on his couch playing the game.

"So you called me over here and we not even gon fuck? I'm hurt." I held my chest.

"Ali, stop playing. I'm bout to get off the game, right now," He looked up at me and licked his lips. "Now, strip."

"You know I don't like fucking on this hard ass couch."