❦ 𝑻𝑯𝑹𝑬𝑬 ❦

"𝑵𝒆𝒗𝒂 𝑪𝒂r𝒆𝒅"
ALI | aliana
2020
Spelman📍

(continued)

"Your phone been ringing." I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I grabbed my phone and saw 7 missed calls from Riri. This wasn't the first time I stayed at someone else's house while Riri had someone over. I didn't really mind because I knew she would return the favor. I just didn't like everyone I fucked with knowing where I lived.

It was 10 in the morning. I was glad it was a Sunday so I didn't have to rush home to get to class.

"I didn't mean to crash her last night, sorry." I looked over at Mar who was at the other end of the bed wearing a red nike pull over.

"You good."

I got up and looked around for my stuff, but I couldn't find my purse.

"Mar, have you seen my purse?"

He got on his knees and stretched his arm out under his bed. When the hell did he do that?

"My fault, I was high and it's a habit." Never would I have thought that I'd see this man embarrass.

But a habitat? I get living in the hood and having to hide your shit, but this seemed deeper than that. But it didn't concern me, so I looked past it.

"No you're fine, thanks." I gave him a small smile.

It had a double meaning pooh.

"Ight, well I'm finna go and don't let no more city girls in here cause, if I was bout it, I would've took your shit."

"Ali, man, go on." He tried to hide a smile.

I walked into the living room and, of course, Jay's goofy ass was sitting on the couch with some hot chips.

"Gimme that girls insta. You ain't got no business tryna give her some type of infection." I laughed.

"Nah, I swear she deserves it. You want some? It's real sneaky too." Jay said with a red tongue.

"Nope, but I'll see you." I waved and went through the door.

I walked back to my dorm thinking about how weird last night was. I liked chilling with Mar and I tried to stay out of his business, but I really did want to know why he was the way he was. From his room, to his temper, and then my purse.

If we kept hanging out, I could tell we'd get along. Smoking with him last night was surprisingly cool. We didn't really say much but there wasn't awkwardness. I liked his company and his hospitality.

MAR | leo

Ali left and in the late afternoon I was freshening up to get ready to go to my therapist. I never let a girl stay with me before but it wasn't like that, she was chill and I wouldn't mind her coming over again. She wasn't the type of girl to pry or do some crazy shit to get my attention.

As much as I tried be nonchalant, I hoped she wasn't alarmed by my anger issues or anything else I did. That was why I didn't like people in my house.