Loneliness, Love, Luck

Dina didn't have the time to breathe, let alone hold back her tears. She rarely ever had to touch on the topic of teenage parenthood with her dad. At this particular moment, Dina wished that she asked about it.

Everything would be okay though... Right? Ellie was there, Ellie even offered to let Dina stay with her if her dad kicked her out... And the icing to the cake. Anna was a nurse. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all...

Ellie placed her hand on Dina's shoulder, "Hey, it's okay. I'm here for you. If it makes you feel any better, my mom didn't want to be a mom until she held me for the first time. That changed everything".

Dina smiled up at Ellie, "Really?" Dina asked, recieving an immediate nod from Ellie.

Ellie kneeled down onto one knee, gently placing her hand on Dina's stomach. She rubbed it gently; "Hey there, little one. Go easy on your mother; huh?"

Dina placed her hand over Ellie's, "Awww; I take it you've talked to babies before?" Dina asked; as a bright smile appeared on both of their faces, "Yes I have. I haven't done it in years though. When I used to visit my mom's work, I loved to talk to all of the expecting moms. I found ultrasounds interesting. While other kids were watching cartoons, I basically lived in my mom's work space. When my mom had to work graveyard shifts, I had a playpen in there for when my dad had to work".

Dina was becoming more and more interested in Ellie now, "Wow!" She was resisting the urge to ask Ellie more in depth questions, but Dina couldn't wait any longer. Ellie was just too interesting to her and it took a lot to really get Dina interested in something, especially someone.

Dina looked down slightly at both of their hands placed on her stomach, "Ellie... I really wanna get to know you better. C-Can we have a nice long conversation where we just ask each other questions? It doesn't have to get personal, but it can if you want it to".

Getting to know the beautiful mom to be? Yes please. Alone time with Dina? Better than being by herself, playing video games and sulking like the single college dropout that Ellie was.

Ellie was never one to show her teeth when she smiled, but this time, it was inevitable. The toothy grin that quickly spreaded across Ellie's face clearly had the bathroom light reflecting off of them; her teeth were so white. Such a pretty sight... And of course, Dina was staring. She was a trainwreck. It was impossible to look away...

"G*d, she's beautiful"... Dina thought, immediately shaking her head to try to ignore the pestering thoughts going on in her mind. She couldn't ALREADY be thinking like that about Ellie, could she?

Ellie took quick notice of Dina's strange, but oddly cute behavior, so she stopped the awkwardness by replying to Dina's question, "Yeah! Let's go out to the living room and talk on the couch".

Dina nodded, excitedly walking out of the bathroom towards the living room. She flopped down onto the couch and reached her hand down, tapping her fingers on the hardwood floor to get Cooper's attention, "Hey; buddy, come here!"

Cooper sniffed Dina's fingers to recognize her, before jumping into Dina's lap. He started to attack Dina's face in puppy kisses, causing Dina to laugh, "Awww, hey, calm down, little guy".

Ellie lightly laughed, "He really likes you!" Ellie replied, sitting beside Dina and gently stroking Cooper's fur.

Dina giggled; "I love him too! I love dogs, but have never had one of my own because my dad can't afford it". Dina replied honestly; as Cooper made himself comfortable on Dina's lap. He started to sniff Dina's shirt near her stomach though...

Ellie smiled, upon noticing that Dina looked slightly confused about why Cooper was sniffing her stomach, "Dogs are very intelligent. He can tell you're pregnant".