Emotions Feel Electric

As Ellie sat on the couch once she had arrived home, Cooper sat at her feet, begging to go outside.

She sniffled, "C-Come on, buddy. Let's get you outside"... Ellie whispered, standing up and opening the front door to let him out. Instead of following him like she always did though, she stood by the doorframe, leaning up against it like Joel did while he watched her play the guitar.

After going into the bushes to use the bathroom, Cooper noticed his owners sadness and ran up to her. He placed his front paws on her legs, whimpering.

Ellie pat his head, "Awww, buddy... I'm okay"... She whispered, not really realizing that dogs were sometimes better at telling when their owner wasn't okay then most humans were.

Cooper laid his head across Ellie's lap, licking the top of her tattoo in an attempt to make her laugh.

Ellie's furry friend knew it was bad if she couldn't even smile at an action that had always made Ellie's day better. He whimpered once again, before walking behind Ellie and heading into the house.

Ellie turned around, "Buddy, what are you doing?" She asked, raising her eyebrow in confusion.

He brought over his favorite dog toy and had somehow managed to place Riley's pendent around his dog bone. Dogs were smart, Ellie knew that, but something in her heart told her, "He's telling you that you need to call Riley... Now".

Ellie pulled her phone out of her pocket, turning it on, "It's almost 3:00. Well, since it's a gloomy day in general, I'm gonna go lay in bed for the rest of the day... And then MAYBE call Riley". Ellie thought, standing up and picking Cooper up.

She headed inside, closing the front door behind her and placing Cooper on the couch. Like always, he shook his fur, but luckily, he had no water on him this time.

Ellie sniffled, feeling as if this empty feeling was never going to go away. She sighed sadly, "Sadness is a temporary feeling, Ellie. You know that. Maybe you should try doing some of your math homework to get your mind off of things".

With that said, Ellie walked over to her backpack, unzipping the big pocket. She pulled out her college level Algebra textbook and her binder, placing them beside her legs on the floor. Lastly, she pulled out a singular freshly sharpened pencil from her pencil pouch that had dinosaurs on it.

Ellie had always loved dinosaurs. She had a dinosaur blanket, a pacifier, several stuffed animal dinosaurs... You name it, she had it.

Ellie didn't consider it embarrassing that she still liked things such as dinosaurs. It was just one out of many of her interests. She had gone through a similar phase with giraffes and still loved them too. Not as much as she loved dinosaurs though.

Ellie placed the pencil pouch back into her backpack, closing the zipper shut. She stood up, grabbing her homework and sat on the couch.

Cooper was no stranger to joining Ellie while she was trying to get things done. He hopped up on the couch beside her, placing his front paw on the textbook as she tried to open it.

Ellie laughed, "Uh, excuse me, kind sir... Move your tiny little a**. I'm trying to work"...

Cooper whimpered very quietly, immediately picking up on the fact that Ellie wasn't okay. She was only trying to cover up her sadness with fake smiles and forced laughs...

Ellie was progressively turning from happy to angry, "Cooper, go lay down! Let me work please"... Ellie whispered, her voice cracking pathetically, "G*ddamnit, he knows"... She whispered, looking down at her textbook to avoid showing Cooper her saddened ways.