Strange Feelings

Ellie had woken very sudden to the distant sounds of vomiting. She knew that it was Dina; but wasn't sure if she should go to the bathroom to help her. Whether it was giving her medicine for nausea and a glass of water, or rubbing her back while holding her hair... Anything would help her ailing friend feel better.

Ellie felt horrible listening to her friend suffer alone like that. Not just because of the disgusting sounds of waste leaving her body, but because Dina claimed that she was constantly lonely. The whole intention of this visit to Ellie's house was to make Dina feel like she wasn't alone anymore.

After about a minute of pondering whether or not she should help Dina out, Ellie slowly walked down the hallway to the bathroom door. She didn't want to accidentally scare Dina, especially not while she was vomiting like that.

Ellie gently knocked on the door with her knuckles instead of her fist. Finally, after hearing Dina's never ending vomiting stop for a split second, Ellie spoke quietly, "Dina, are you alright? Need some help?"

Between several dry heaves, Dina couldn't exactly tell if she was done yet or not; but would be better off with the extra help, "N-No, not exactly"...

Ellie slowly opened the bathroom door, seeing Dina with her head draped over the open toilet bowl. Ellie's heart sunk having to see Dina in any sort of distress.

Even though she didn't want to admit it; all the signs were there that Dina was pregnant. It all added up... The throwing up; the constant exhaustion, always being hungry despite the rather violent vomiting... But Ellie wasn't sure if she should ask Dina if she had taken a pregnancy test.

Trying to ignore what was bothering her at least for a moment, Ellie reached over to the medicine cabinet above her head. She grabbed out some medicine to help cure the nausea and turned the sink on to let the water turn cold.

She kneeled down beside Dina on the floor, rubbing her back comfortingly, "It's okay; Dina"... Without thinking about the things that were coming out of her mouth; Ellie grabbed a towel to help Dina wipe off the sweat from her face. She frowned, "Dina; I'm really sorry for asking; but I need to know"...

Both Ellie and Dina were biting their lips; afraid of the verbal responses to what either of them were about to say, "Dina... Are you pregnant?"

Just as Dina had feared, the question that she was beyond terrified to answer was being asked. Dina being Dina though, of course she replied honestly; "I don't know... Part of why my ex boyfriend, Jesse; and I broke up was because we had sex. I don't remember if we used protection though. It happened very suddenly, so I can't exactly ask him. I don't wanna freak him out, Ellie"...

There was more time for comforting the broken mom to be later. For now, it was time for a game of 25 questions that wasn't exactly 25 questions...

Ellie kept her hand on Dina's back, rubbing it in circular motions. She watched Dina stand up to flush the toilet and stood up as well to fill up a glass with ice cold water, "Here, drink this". She placed two circular shaped; white pills in the palm of Dina's right hand and the glass of water in Dina's left hand. Ellie turned the bathroom sink off, as she watched Dina swallow the pills and take slow sips of the water, "I'll be out in the kitchen making breakfast. Go ahead and get dressed. Once you're done doing that, meet me in the kitchen and we'll talk".

Dina nodded once more, before swallowing down the remainder of the water, "Okay. Can you grab my backpack out of the living room for me please?"

Ellie nodded; quickly making her way out to the living room. She saw Dina's black backpack sitting on the floor in front of the couch and picked it up. She hoisted it over her right shoulder, before heading back down the hallway towards the bathroom.