Sick, Queasy and Definitely Queer

Dina awoke suddenly to the empty feeling of Ellie's warm body no longer laying next to her. Typically, this wasn't too weird, but this time, something felt a little bit different. Not in a good way either...

Thankfully, now that Dina was nearing 13 weeks pregnant, her morning sickness and excessive tiredness weren't too terrible to deal with anymore. She was just now starting to show as well and the formation of her baby bump was starting to pop through her shirt ever so slightly.

Dina stood up, fixing the comforter on her side of the bed to complete perfection. It was Friday morning, however Dina had no school today due to some flooding issues throughout the city of Seattle. Of course, only Seattle would cancel school for something as silly as Mother Nature having a bad mental health day.

With that thought, Dina snapped back to reality when she overheard what sounded like Ellie blowing her nose. She was no nurse, but Dina always aspired to take care of people whenever they needed someone, but especially Ellie. Now, it was time to go from "Clingy Pregnant Girlfriend" to "Doctor Dina" within the matter of seconds.

Dina began her descent out to the living room in search of her beautiful 5'7 patient, ultimately finding Ellie laying on the couch. There were tons of wadded up tissues on the coffee table, with a half empty bottle of ginger ale and the thermometer hidden away within the mess of used tissues.

Dina dug through the pile of tissues to pick up the thermometer, silently reading it to herself, "102.6"...

If there was one thing that Dina knew from her two month long relationship with Ellie so far, it was that Ellie NEVER ended up sick, "Awww, poor baby"... She whispered, cleaning up the dirty tissues and placing a fresh trash bag in the living room trash can just in case Ellie wound up needing it.

Finally, she kneeled down in front of Ellie, running her fingers over the sleeping young woman's cheek. This caused Ellie's eyes to flutter open, smiling softly as she glanced up at Dina, "Hey, babe".

Dina giggled softly, leaning forward to kiss Ellie's warm forehead, "Hi. You're sick, baby. Wouldn't you rather sleep in our bed?" Dina asked, wiping the beads of sweat off of Ellie's pale forehead.

Ellie nodded, clearly not very comfortable laying on the couch with an inadequate amount of space to move around. Ellie rarely ever had to face the "constant chills while burning up at the same time" kind of sickness. This was new territory to her, although Dina knew this feeling all too well...

Thankfully, Dina knew exactly what to do. She placed one hand around Ellie's back and the other arm underneath her legs, carefully picking her up.

By the surprised gasp painted on Ellie's face, Dina knew right away what she was thinking without her saying anything, "No talking. My baby is sick and I'm here to make her feel better". Dina whispered, slowly carrying Ellie into their bedroom.

They hadn't moved in together yet, but for now, Dina came over almost every day after work and she spent every weekend at Ellie's house. Ellie's family were quickly becoming a second family to Dina by this point. She even had Joel and Anna's phone numbers saved in her phone. Life was looking up for them so far...

Dina gently placed Ellie on their bed, kissing the top of her head romantically, "Do you wanna wear regular clothes or pajamas? Your current outfit is covered in sweat"... Dina asked, frowning softly when she noticed the look of pain in Ellie's eyes.

Ellie rubbed her head, groaning softly because her sinuses were causing the most painful migraine ever to start, "P-Pajamas is fine. Can I borrow one of your hoodies, baby?" Ellie asked, her voice cracking more and more the longer she would speak.