Chapter 67

"Where are we? Hyejin asked, baffled.

The place was heavenly. Roses of different kinds filled the garden while multiple butterflies flew peacefully around them. Exquisite yet dull lighting covered the whole area while the whole city were beaming in front of them. Crickets were lowly chirping on the trees together with flying fireflies that contrasted with the dull light.

"Just wait."

They both sat down on a single bench near them, leaning on its cold back rest as the moonlight shone bright above them. Stars were twinkling endlessly as if they were switched on and off that contrarily stayed on the midnight blue sky. The wind breeze was cold making them both shiver.

Looking up in front, Hyejin smiled and exhaled deeply, feeling the cold breeze of air. The nostalgic view made her eyes soften, placing her head on her boyfriend's shoulder. Jeno smiled and kissed the crown of her head before looking ahead.

"We're already here and I can see everything so just tell me~"

"Just wait~" Jeno sighed

Hyejin huffed and nodded before clinging on Jeno's arm that made him smile more. The fingertips on his clothed arm gave tingles to him as they both enjoyed the view.

"I don't know where we are, but I love it." Hyejin giggled.

"This place," He paused and intertwined their hands. "Is where I'm going to marry you."

A sudden explosion on the sky made Hyejin scream but it was soon replaced by excitement as she noticed that they were fireworks. Jeno smirked and placed her head back on his shoulder as they watched the fireworks.

"But really, I want you to be my first and last."

Hyejin laughed and lifted her head up making Jeno look down at her and smile too. The chirps of crickets and the flapping leaves were the only thing heard as silence consumed them both. Hyejin looked at the surroundings again and pasted it on her mind to never forget this place.

"Then I'm excited to see this again future husband."

"I like that." Jeno laughed.

There was a long pause before Hyejin spoke up making Jeno clear his throat to let her continue.

"You know, I've always wondered how it would be without my brother." Hyejin smiled.

Jeno looked at her and opened his moth before closing it again to let her talk. Yet she paused for a long time making Jeno worry and stare at her. Her hair was a mess because of the wind and her nose and ears were red from the cold but none of that mattered to her.

"I've asked myself, if I don't have Yeonjun, would I still be alive? My parents divorced and none of them took us so without him would I still be alive?" She paused. "I know that I won't. I tried to kill myself when he died because I believed that I had no purpose in life anymore. And I regret that." Hyejin sighed and continued.

"I just can't keep myself from thinking on why would they kill such an innocent boy just because he fell in love with someone. He's such a beautiful person but why would they kill him brutally like that?

"Just like what they always say, in a garden filled with flowers, which one will you pick?"

"The most beautiful one."

"Exactly."

Hyejin smiled sadly as crystal tears brimmed in her eyes followed by a loud sigh. Her smile turned wider as she sat near Jeno making him confused that she changed her mood quickly.

"But then I realized, I have my new purpose to live. And that;s you." She booped his nose.

Jeno's eyes softened and soon was replaced by his eye smile that made Hyejin's heart flutter. Jeno sighed and hugged hugged Hyejin suddenly. His scent was heaven for her as the mix of the cold breeze entered her nostrils.

"I love you so much."

"I love you too."

...

NCT 2020 on MAMA is legendary