Chapter 66

(Wassup Sungchan?)
...

"Hey."

The cold breeze of the air at the balcony made Jaemin feel fresh as he inhaled the air. Looking behind, he saw Jeno smiling at him that made him smile back and move sidewards to give him some space.

"So...How are you feeling?" Jeno asked.

"I'm good."

Jeno nodded at him and inhaled a large amount of air while looking at the night sky. His lips were dry; itching to say something yet he cannot. Jaemin on the other hand smirked as he noticed his nervous state, making him face his body towards the nervous boy while leaning on the railings.

"Say it." Jaemin urged him

"Just...I can't believe I got jealous of you." Jeno chuckled. "I promised myself to never take a girl away from my best friend. But I did."

"You mean Hyejin?" Jaemin laughed. "I don't like her. I never did. She's more of a sister to me."

"I know. But I still got jealous and that's stupid of me."

Jaemin smirked and also stared at the night sky that somehow eased his mind. His face was blank yet Jeno knew what he was feeling.

"I know what you feel Jeno. You liked Haerin yet you never had a chance on her so now, you wanted to claim what's yours. I'm proud of you."

Jeno chuckled and hesitated a bit before nearing Jaemin. He gave a few pats on his shoulder, asking for a bro hug and Jaemin, of course, quickly walked nearer and hugged him gently as if he was the most precious thing in the world.

"You know, you need to step up your game."

"What?"

"When are you going to ask her?"

Jeno sighed and backed away from the hug as his hands slowly held the railings; head hanging low. Jaemin cocked an eyebrow in confusion and patted Jeno on the shoulder before sighing too.

"I just don't know which place to go, what thing to buy and when to ask her. I-I'm the worst."

Jaemin nodded as he agreed on what Jeno said. Jeno is, in fact, very sweet when it comes to girls yet if he likes someone, he is very shy in telling her the truth. He doesn't know what to do when it comes to love yet he wants to claim Hyejin through his own ways.

"Hyejin is a very simple girl. I know that she doesn't want anything luxurious so why bother and get fancy things when you are the only one she needs?"

"Meaning...?"

"Ask her now. I'm tired of your complicated relationship."

Jeno made an 'are-you-kidding-me' look making Jaemin inhale sharply out of annoyance. He rolled his eyes and clapped his hands together before placing his hands on Jeno's shoulders while looking at him tiredly.

"Do I look like I'm kidding?"

...

"Hyejin, come with me."

Hyejin, who was sitting beside Haerin shot her head up and smiled at Jeno who stared at her upstairs. She nodded and quickly got up before walking upstairs where Jeno called her.

Before she could even walk on the first stair, Jeno walked away making her furrow her eyebrows. Sudden nervousness made its way to her making her light steps turn heavy as she kept on thinking on what might happen.

As she got upstairs, a sight of a serious Jeno was seen making her gulp. His eyes then slowly looked up on her own making her breathe unevenly from discomfort.