Chapter 19:- On My Way To Recovery

Start from the beginning

"We don't know yet if the witches are actually involved. But there is no reason for the witches to help the werewolf hunters. But we can't rule out the possibility."

"Damien, we know a few witches who have a history with our family."

"That was sorted, Adriana. Moreover, if those witches come back, we can always call Lorcan."

"He must be hurting so much," She said thinking about everything Xavier went through, for the first time in two days.

Damien looked at Adriana, he wondered if the mistake he made years ago was so bad that Adriana would never get over it. He had thought that his mate had forgiven him, but right then, he wasn't very sure.

"Mason had stopped the sedatives on Selena. She will wake up any minute. I am gonna take a shower before I head that way, you should go ahead."

Damien walked into the bathroom without looking at anything else and before Adriana could stop him.

She shouldn't have said it or dwelled on it, she thought. They were both young, and yes he made mistakes, but so did she. It broke her too. It wasn't even completely his fault, it was the witches, and there was no reason for Damien to feel this way for this long.

She needed to talk to him.

On another hand, Connor was in the room with Selena since the morning, he couldn't wait for his sister to wake up. He was meeting his only family left, after years, and the state that she was in, broke his heart.

A knock on the door made him look towards it. He had been so engrossed in the memories he had with his family, he didn't hear or feel Evelyn in the room.

"She didn't wake up yet?"

Connor shook his head.

Evelyn, for the first time in her life, felt awkward. What is she supposed to say to the guy who is sitting in the hospital beside his sister, for which her brother is responsible? More so, what should she say to him when he turns out to be her mate?

Self-control was never a big deal for Connor, he had to master that in order to go live with the humans. But for once, it was turning out to be immensely hard. The urge to hold her hand, to feel her skin, was too strong.

"Um, did you eat anything since the morning? No one saw you, so I am guessing you were here the whole day."

Connor nodded.

Evelyn was going to speak again, but the sound of someone groaning stopped her. Connor was up the chair in an instant and leaned over her.

The pain wasn't completely gone yet, Selena tried to slightly move her hand but something was holding on to it tightly.

She tried opening her eyes but the brightness in the room was enough to make her close them instead. After blinking for another ten seconds, when she finally opened them, Selena was greeted with an awfully familiar face that she was seeing after a damn long time.

"Connor!" She tried to speak, but it came out scratchy because of her dried throat. But she didn't care, ignoring the lingering pain, Selena rose up to hold her brother in a hug.

"You're back, you're finally back," she mumbled, as a single tear ran down her cheek.

"I missed you, Selena."

"I love you, Connor," She whimpered.

"I love you too, doll." He chuckled.

Connor slightly pushed her back and gave her a glass of water to soothe her throat.