Chapter 44:- Becoming One (II)

"...rather be by her side than have her not forgive us, right?'

Selena's eyes glowed bright silver, there was no sign of the brown irises that he had grown to love.

Xavier had no idea what to say or do, a wolf completely taking over its human while in human form was never a good sign. It mostly meant that the wolf is extremely overwhelmed about something which the human has no idea about.

'Izzy..." he whispered from the floor as she stood over him. Both of them were completely naked, but that didn't concern either of them.

Izzy was angry and all Xavier wanted at that moment was to comfort her.

"You. Hurt. Me."

Her words came out in short breaths. She was breathing so harshly that Xavier was getting even more worried.

"I-"

"Apologized to her," she sneered, her fangs completely elongated and in display. She was ready to obliterate anything in her sight to get to her prey and right then, her target was Xavier.

Wolves are proud beasts, alpha wolves even more so. Even though Izzy loved Zion as much as Selena loved Xavier, her nature of the beast didn't allow her to just forgive him like her human did.

'What are you doing?!' Selena screamed in her head, looking at Xavier through the eyes of her beast. She could see exactly how confused and terrified Xavier was. 'He apologized! He showed us the respect that we deserved.'

"No! You! No me!"

Wolves overtaking the human body is a rare thing. With a wolf as strong as Izzy being this angry, this much high in emotions, Xavier wasn't surprised that her speech was not clear.

"Izzy," he whispered, he moved very slowly so as to not alarm the beast. Even though cautious, his eyes still held that soft, pleading look, "Talk to me."

She growled, but her eyes watered, the claws in her hands were out and she was almost ready to jump at him.

"You humiliate me, put me down, drag me through dirt," she was crouching down, almost like she was getting ready to attack as she spoke, "And yet, never apologize to me."

"I didn't-"

"Both hurt, not just Selena, me too."

That's when it clicked in Xavier's mind. He never got in his wolf form with Selena while their wolves were in control. Even if they had, it was for work only and their wolves were never in control, they never got the chance to talk to each other directly without the interference of the human side.

With whatever had happened between the two, the wolf deserved an apology as much as Selena did, from both Xavier and Zion.

He thanked the goddess that his room was big enough, it was more of a suite to be honest, and lowered his head.

An alpha lowering his head in front of another wolf, even though his mate, it was a rare scene.

For a second, Izzy was stunned. She didn't move and just stared at Xavier. The alpha was on his knees, his head bowed and hands behind his back, there was no way he would be able to defend herself if she attacked him.

"I should have done that. You deserve an apology from both me and Zion. With all the emergency and drama going on, it slipped our minds. But that is no excuse."

Selena remained quiet, she was feeling very guilty too. How could she not have considered how hurt her wolf was feeling?

"Let me make it up to you."