Chapter 40: The Gift (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

"HEY, WHAT THE FLIP FLOP WAS THAT FOR?!"

He doesn't say anything and it dawns on me. I'm shirtless in a bathroom with my boyfriend. Oh H E C K no. Even worse, I'm young, dumb, and upset shirtless in a bathroom with my boyfriend. Layer in the fact that I'm at my boyfriend's house while I'm young, dumb, and upset shirtless in a bathroom with my boyfriend. The icing on the fudging cake is that I'm at my boyfriend's house while I'm young, dumb, and upset shirtless in a bathroom with my boyfriend across from the bedroom in which we share a bed in at 3 am during winter break. This is the kinda stuff that happens in those fanfictions Armin makes me read right before Mikasa finds out and takes it away. OH YEAH AND MY FACE IS THE COLOR OF FUDGING MISTLETOE GOSH DANG IT.

I throw my bare arms around me and tuck my head in between my knees and stomach as if it hides anything. I scooch back as far as I can on the toilet seat. Levi touches my shoulder and I flinch immediately.

"ABSOLUTELY NOT, TURN AWAY YOUR EYES!"

Levi POV

Aw, it's so cute how he thinks I haven't seen him shirtless before. It's seriously so adorable I might actually have to turn away. Instead, I decide I'm gonna milk the hell out of this situation. His body is turned away from mine, so I walk up behind him, wrapping my arms around him as I crouch down, my breath fanning against his ear.

"Aw, but I haven't cleaned your face yet?"

"Hand me my shirt back first."

I feel him shiver as I put my nose in the crook of his neck, "Right after I clean your face."

"Fine! Just...stop touching me like that." He squeaks cutely.

I roll my eyes, a bit sad he gave in so easily, but I move away after a few seconds. He uncurls and I grab the washcloth. He scrunches his nose like a little rabbit when I touch the damp cloth to his cheek, and flinches slightly when I move upwards towards his lower eyelid, which is still a bit puffy from before, and I'm sure my eyes flash with discontent for a split second. I don't like it when he cries, it shatters my heart.

I finish cleaning his face, and wring out the washcloth, throwing it in the hamper. Eren makes grabby hands for his shirt, but I throw it in the hamper. Before he has time to retaliate, I slip off my own and toss it to him, giving him a wink and all of the blood in his body rushes to his face, even his ears break out into a crimson haze.

"An arm for an arm." I say, "We have a big day tomorrow, let's go to bed now."

"A big day?" He questions as he puts on my shirt.

"I have to go somewhere, so I'm leaving you with Hange for the day...and she found out about your new cooking habits, so I wish you the best of luck."

He rolls his eyes and pouts, "When will you be back?"

I shrug, "That depends on your cooking plans."

He plays with the hem of my shirt, "Soo, if I were to call you to-to say dinner was ready...?"He looks up at me with his puppy dog eyes.

"I'd be on my way." I caress his cheek with my thumb.

I lead the way back to our bed, where he finally gets some well deserved slumber. I, however, spend the entire night plotting. Plotting many different scenarios, probably overthinking most things and overlooking others. I nod off at some point, only to wake up an hour or two later. I 'awaken' when Eren starts to twist and turn in his sleep, signaling the morning. I try to sit up to get changed, but when I do, Eren slumps down and wakes up.

He pouts, making grabby hands at me to come back. I walk over to him, on his side of the bed, and raise one of my eyebrows, while crossing my arms over my bare chest. He looks at me confused for a few seconds until his eyes move down and widen dramatically. He grabs the blanket and covers his eyes, although his face is once again beet red.

"Nevermind! Go get changed! I'm awake!" He squeaks.

I sigh out before ruffling his hair and returning to the dresser. I throw on a black polo shirt and some black jeans in case I accidentally...spill a certain liquid on myself. You can never be too prepared. The detergent bill is going to be through the roof but I can't risk anything. Risks could mean losing Eren, and that is NOT an option. It is never going to be an option. Nothing in this entire universe will ever be able to change that. Not if I have anything to say about it, and I sure as fuck do.

He's still covering his face once I finish changing, so I take the opportunity to sit on the bed and hug him from behind. He keeps the blanket over his face, but leans back, into me. Eren is like holding an oven in your arms, he's always just so warm. That doesn't change how he's the greatest thing to ever come into existence though. The absolute embodiment of perfection in my eyes. He's warm, and his hair is so soft, he fits perfectly into my arms, the way he curls into me and drools in his sleep, his light airy snores, his little pouty face that ultimately makes me cave most of the time, the cute little way his nose scrunches, his laugh that makes me melt every time, the way he can just tell what I need before I even know I need it, his personality that never ceases to come out more and more, the way his eyes light up when he does something and I smile, the way he notices when something bothers me and immediately without asking questions fixes the problem- every little tiny simple thing about him is everything I believe in.

And that's why I'll protect him forever. Even if it kills me.

———————

Hey beans!

I'm sorry to say, that The Gift is going to be the series of parts before the finale, meaning All Mine is coming to a close.

Well, I epoh you enjoyed the chapter and I will see you all in the next one...toodleoo