Chapter 14

Eren POV

The interview, or whatever you could call it, is finally over. The first thing I did was throw away the slip of paper. Even if he is a cop, he'a still a stranger. I look over to Levi, and see him scowling at the door.

"L-Levi?" I ask.

It's like he doesn't hear me at all.

"Levi? Can you hear me?"

He doesn't budge. Is he mad at me? Was it something I said? Oh no, he probably hates me now! How could I mess up when things were finally going well?! Maybe I just wasn't meant to have other friends. I was lucky enough to have Armin, and Mikasa is forced to be my friend because we're siblings. Levi has no reason to care about me. Nobody does...

Well, if the friendship is bound to go down in flames, I might as well make the most of it for now. I walk up to Levi and put my hand on his shoulder.

"I'm-"

I'm cut off by Levi wrapping me is a hug. I try to push away, but he just tightens his grip. Is he ok? Wait, what if he's just pretending to be my friend, but actually hates me, and thinks that I know and is trying to trick me? Or what if-

He's shivering.

"Levi? Did something happen?" I try to ask, but my oxygen levels are wavering from the death grip.

He loosens his grip, but doesn't let go, and he sighs, "Er- sorry...brat."

Maybe he hates me, but feels bad for me. Maybe he's just pitying me because of how worthless I look. He probably wants to hang out with his friends, and probably mourn Petra, but feels obligated to spend time with me. I've been so self centered. He has a life too. He has people he cares about. I've just been taking advantage of his kindness.

"Levi?"

"What is it brat?"

"Do...do you hate me?"

Levi POV

Do I need to get my ears checked? There is not way he just asked if I hate him. Nonsense. That has to just be my fear of losing him talking. Yeah. That's gotta be it.

"Oh no you do, don't you?!" He says as he rips himself away from me.

He's gone. He's not with me. Someone's trying to take him from me! Why do I feel so cold? Holy crap it's freezing! Where is he? I need him! I can't see anything. Where did he go?

My throat has frozen over and I can't scream. It's hard to even think. Where is he?! I can't feel my body anymore. I think I fall to the floor but I can't tell.

"Levi?!" I hear someone scream.

Eren.

I try to move to follow the voice, but I can't even tell where it came from, and I can't move my limbs. Where is he?!

"Levi are you ok?!" I feel a hand on my shoulder.

I my vision fades a bit, and I can see a blur of a person. I see brown, pale, and ocean green. Eren. I try to will myself to move or do something, but I can't. I feel a hand on my chest, and I can feel my breathing. I focus on that.

"E....r....ere....n" I try to say his name.

I focus on his touch, and I can hear his heavy breathing, as if he's worried. I feel him grab my arm and sling it around what I can only assume to be his shoulder. He holds the hand of the arm around his shoulder, and wraps his free hand around my waist. Slowly but surely, I can feel the warmth begin to return from the spots where he is. My hearing is less muffled and my vision starts to clear. He sits us down on what is probably the couch, and things are a lot less hazy. I know it's wrong to take advantage of the situation, but I let my head fall to his shoulder while I recover. After what I hope is only a few minute, I'm back to normal.

I pick myself up, "What happened?"

I wince and rub my shoulder. I guess I did fall. Eren quickly makes me sit back down.

"You collapsed. Are you ok?" He says, quickly, like he's afraid it'll happen again at any moment.

I ruffle his hair, "I'll be fine brat."

I might just be imagining it, but he leans into the touch. My heart starts pounding. Oh, now you decide to work you bastard. Then my heart stops working. He HUMS. He's like a little kitten. Eventually I stop, and he opens his pale green eyes again. F*ck he's adorable.

"Are you sure?"

I sigh, "I guess I was just shocked. After all that's happened has been weighing down and you have the audacity to think I could hate you. I really should be asking if you are ok."

His beautiful eyes widen and his lips part slightly. His eyebrows are upturned and all I want to do is cuddle him and apologize because of how irresistible he looks. It's not fair.

"I could never hate you...you idiot."

Eren POV

And then he laughs.

I think I'm in love with Levi. I know it's wrong, and right after Petra died, and I barely know what being in love is but I don't know how else to explain the unwavering urge to...just...I don't know how to explain.

I just want him.

I know it's wrong, and I haven't even known him for half a year, and I'm no where near good enough for him, but I want- no- need him.

I know I'll never be good enough though, and I certainly don't expect him to have the same feelings. I doubt the longing will ever go away, but he probably doesn't even like guys, let alone a completely average, uninteresting, quiet, frail, annoying little twig like me. I wouldn't even be worth his time.

Eventually I'm pulled out of my thoughts. My eyes widen, and my breathing hitches. I go stiff for probably less that a second. Until I melt.

He kissed me. Levi. Kissed. ME!

- - -

ITS DONE ITS FINALLY DONE!

Not the book, just the obliviousness of Eren. Kinda.

Also, what happened to Levi was just this thing I call Breaking. There's Snapping, where he goes out of control and trigger happy, Breaking where- you guessed it- his whole world just shatters, and one other thing I'll introduce when it happens.