26

...and fucking smoking hot.

Quil was on the ground in seconds, head down and to the side. I looked down in confusion as Quil was showing us all his neck as if its his life line. I continued to stand like an idiot until I felt Quil pull me down beside him.

Ouch. I glared at Quil while dusting off the dirt from my hands. I hope he feels how painful that was!

While I was mid glaring Quil, I felt two burning fingers tilt my head up to meet the eyes of Jacob Black.

I swallowed. He'd changed.

I couldn't quite but my finger on it. But it was the way he held himself, the way he was suddenly aware of his purpose. What takes most teens years of experimenting and identy complexes, Jacob Black had figured out in the past 48-hours since I'd last seen him.

He was every bit the alpha. He embodied a leader, he was a cheif. Hell! When he walks back into into La Push I doubt they'd be a single soul that wouldn't want him to lead our entire tribe. We haven't had a true Alpha as a cheif since Ephriam Black.

And Jacob Black suddenly embodieded his birth right. To the point that if he wasn't literally cupping my cheek then I would've looked away from his eyes in respect to him. He was emitting that much power and strength that even me, a human and his imprint was intimidated by it.

Endless pools of brown were staring down at me with so many emotions. Emotions that yes I couldn't read, but it was a different look from what I'd normally recieve. There was no waviering in these emotions, they stayed still because Jacob knew what he wanted now.

I bit my lip before I decided to break the silence. "I'm scared, like really scared. I think I killed Embry, plus Paul's really sad because I couldn't say goodbye to him and him me. And that hurts, more then I thought it would but he's my first love you know?. And Claire! I'm always having this nagging feeling about her in my mind because Quil's emotions are messing with me all the time!".

I was vaguly aware that this wasn't me. That yes, It's me talking but Jacob was doing something to me. That tingling feeling was ten times stronger when he'd touched me and now I'm confessing everything to him. And the worst part is...I can't stop. "I don't know if I love you yet, but I missed you and it terrifed me the thought of you getting killed over Bella Swan. Who I hate by the way. I'm glad Seth and Leah are okay but Sam isn't okay. Like theres something seriously wrong with that guy! I thought he was going to kill Leah last night so I'm super glad she's still kicking. And Charlies safe with Billy, which I'm happy about but I left his front door open. So now, I'm thinking racoons and other stuff or even people are going to break into his house and fuck it up. Then it'll all be my fault! and then Charlie would hate me and if Charlie hates me then I won't have any friends. And I actually need friends. Shocker but It's the truth. While I'm on the subject of the truth, Quil and I broke into your house, trashed your room and then vomited all over your floor collectivly. We then escaped through your window when Billy and Rachel entered the house. We're like 85% percent sure they still don't know about it".

That was the moment that Jacob dropped his hand from my face with a mixed look of amusement and disapointment.

I tired to regain my breath and looked back up to Jacob with a raised eyebrow. "What the actual fuck was that ?!?"

He ignored me though and turned to Leah. I could feel myself becoming more frustrated the more I saw him whisper stuff I obviously can't hear into my sister's ear. Screw it!. I literally stamped my foot into the dirt and crossed my arms in defence. "What?!? Some of us don't have supernatural hearing, Jacob!".

Quil groaned beside me and I picked up on annoyance with a mix of longing for Claire. I sighed and turned him with a slightly pained face. "Dude, it's only been two hours keep it together".

Quil shook his head at me and fake punched my arm. "They're discussing wether or not to send you back. And your not helping yourself by acting immature".

I scoffed. "I'm not immature, if anything they should discuss to bring Seth home.".

Jacob suddenly rose his head with a slight glare in our direction, I had to admit even his evil stares was hotter. He huffed. "Shut up the both of you".

Quil instantly stood up straighter and shut up, his slight fear had me giggling. Jacob rose an eyebrow at me. "That one a bit too hard to follow Clearwater".

I tipped my head in confusion. "Since when do you call me Clearwater?".

Jacob looked at me in amusement and went to reply only to be cut off by Leah. "We don't have time for this Jake. They either stay or they leave. I vote leave".

Jacob's amused smile was still on me and the tingles were ten fold now. "They stay. We need the numbers and April makes me stronger, I can feel it".

Leah glared at me, Jacob and Quil (whose neck was still on the side and eyes anywhere but on Jacob). She huffed "Fine". Not even two seconds later had she ripped her skin mid flight and run away. 

I cringed from next to Quil, I guess I'll add comforting Leah to my list of never ending bullshit problems. Jacob walked over to the sleeping golden wolf and I turned to Quil in embarrassment while kicking his shin. Fuck that hurt. I glared at him. "Can you stop with all the cowering in-front of Jacob! You're making us look bad".

Quil scoffed. "I'm making us look bad?!?." His voice went two octaves higher. "Oh Jacob, I don't know if I love or hate you but I definitely will risk my life for you and my siblings. Oh and your so hot Jacob but hotness isn't love! Let me just confess everything to you because I don't understand my powers because it's all too new. Oh and I'll be rude too so you'll definitely let us into your pack". He gave me a pointed look and I opened and closed my mouth like a fish.

I glared at him. "I don't sound like that. And feeling my feelings isn't right to use as insults".

Quil shrugged. "But it's true though. And you do it all the time!"

I scoffed. "Do not".

Quil glared. "Do too!".

I glared back in out rage. "Do not!".

"Do too!".

"Do not!".

"Do too!".

"Do not!".

"Do to-".

"Shut up". 

We both instantly stared at Jacob. He...didn't look to impressed. His eyes were hard but softened once he stared at me. There's those tingles again. Jacob nodded at Quil who relaxed instantly. Jacob walked over to him and clamped his shoulder. "I accept you as April's first in command and into this pack".

God, it looks like Quil is going to shed a tear or too. He nodded. "Thanks Jake."

Yeah, something tells me there's more to this 'first in command' bullshit that Embry and Quil have yet to tell me.

A small whine from under the tree had my eyes instantly on Seth. He stretched out his massive form almost like a cat and his eyes smiled up at me with his tongue hanging out of the corner of his mouth. A puppy. My brother is literally a giant puppy and definitely not a scary wolf like the others in this pack. 

Seth didn't waste a second before he came bumbling up to me and licked my face before nuzzling me. I giggled before trying to pushing his face away. "Okay, okay! give it a rest, Seth".

Okay so we're in. Now we just need to save the tribe...yeah, no biggy.