24

"That's not my colour!".

Quil rose his eyebrows at me. "April it's camo. Besides no one is going to see you if we time this right anyways."

I huffed in annoyance. "I just feel like dark green makes me look bloated".

Quil glared at me. "You're kidding me right? You're wearing camo! The pack will see you straight away if you're wearing purple".

I stood with my hands on my hips. "But wouldn't it be suspious if I'm wearing clothes that smell like Seth?"

Quil smirked at me. "It's only one we don't leave till three, we can still wash them. Plus just from being around you this morning, all pack members will have a slight scent of Clearwater on them. If you'll roll in the dirt like I'm going to force you to, then it won't be a problem".

"Fine." Really no point on washing the clothes then, although Quil's insisting to be 'extra sure'.

I normally wouldn't have cared. But I had one of those feelings like I wouldn't be coming home for a while. Like who wants to be stuck wearing camo for over twenty four hours? Okay, So obviously I'm nervous about tonights plans and stalling.

 So many things could go wrong and so many people were counting on me to save them. Quil despite being a wolf was in the most vulnerable position. If Jacob dies, so does Quil. If I died so would Quil. Plus he could die from just being his regular stupid self!

He was also tied to me and my reckless behavior and It's not like I could phase and help him out. He's away from his pack, from Jacob where I know he'd rather be. Because of me, tonight he's going to have to fight  three wolves for a phone call. So I guess wearing camo and rolling in some dirt wasn't really asking too much of me.

We were standing on the portch waiting. I'd stolen Seth's old glow in the dark spirderman watch. It still worked and I'm questioning if he actually still uses it, you'd never know with Seth.

Anyways we still had two minutes before we're supposed to leave. Accoring to Quil, Sam is very precise with patrol shifts, like to the actual minute. 

Quil leaned over my shoulder and inspected the time. It's a good thing this watch glows, otherwise I'd only be relying on Quil to tell time and we all know he's not the brightest crayon in the box. Well apparently school beggs to differ but still, two pairs of eyes are better than one.

I was dressed in Seth's camo gear, my hair was in two briads and I had a smear of red lipstick on each cheek. I'm so fucking ready!

Quil grunted. "Time to roll in the mud, Cous."

I nodded silently, saluted him and somersoulted into a muddy puddle. 

I heard a snort from the portch. "Are you training for the army or something?"

I glared at him while rolling around in my puddle. "Shut up, Quil!"

"Okay thats enough mud, you don't want to be coated it in!". Seriously Shitstick? could've told me that before I started rolling in it like a blanket!

I stood and glared at him."Gee, thanks."

He smirked. "You're welcome. It's time. Do you have everything?"

I nodded and he came down from the portch and silently handed me the watch.  He then started undressing and handing me various pieces of clothing to which I stuffed into my backpack uncaringly.

He was left in his boxes and went for the waste band before I coughed rather loudly letting him know he's one hundred percent phasing in them.

He looked at me pained. "But these are me last clean pair!"