23

"You know I always thought it was weird that your room is so...pink"

I glared at him . "Shut up Quil".

"Aprol said a bad word". 

Trust me if I could glare at kid I would've. But I felt bad for yelling at her earlier today. After the meeting our team minus Embry had all gathered at my house. It's not the shit show that Sam's was but there was yelling downstairs and my mum kept coming into my room to offer food but really she was just checking we were all still alive. Every time she'd knock on my door and I'd reply 'What now?' She'd just give me the biggest hug. It's driving me insane.

Quil and Claire were currently in my room with me. The Disease refuses to leave my side, apparently he's new at this and feels 'wrong' if he can't see me. And Quil just can't function when Claire isn't around. He says its because she's three and requires more attention. I just think it's because Quil's a needy little bitch. 

I sighed. "So...if I commanded you to do something but then Jacob commanded you to do the exact opposite, what would you do?"

He gave me a confused look. "Really? That's what you ask me. I thought you wanted me to be quite so you could come up with a plan."

I shrugged. "I mean yeah but I can't think of anything and now I'm bored. So which is it?"

He picked up Claire and sat on the bed next to me. "Well Jacob, because no offence cous but he out ranks you".

Huh okay, sexist but okay. "If your my first in command does that mean that you're Jacob's first in command too?"

He sighed. "I have a feeling your just going to grill me on pack questions aren't you?"

I shrugged, probably.

"Uh-no? I'll always be your first in command but Jacob's first in command is his own thing that he can choose. The Alpha's first in command is the second most strongest wolf in the pack. The Alpha female's first in command is just like a glorified babysitter. Im there to make sure you don't die so we never not have an Alpha." He pulled a face at the end like he hated the idea of being my first in command.

"Hey! It's not like I'm that hard to protect. Besides I promise I won't actively seek out people to kill me. Come on Quil! If you died who would I have left to torture?" I lightly nudged him.

"Careful, you'll wake Claire". The idiot was smiling though.

"So what are we going to do, Ace?"

I don't know. Honestly I don't.

"Maybe you could phase and try warn them though the mind link thing?". I mean that's a start right?

Quil shook his head. "They'd be out of range, besides before the meeting Sam was going to have boarder patrol around the tribe and near the Cullen's place. There's no way for us to communicate with them and I'd have to fight all my pack brothers to fight through. It's a suicide mission."

Okay so there goes that idea. "Well we can't just do nothing. Maybe if we could get in touch with Embry an'

"I'm going to stop you right there. Embry while on our side in his heart, he's still in Sam's pack. Meaning he's subjected to Sam's commands so he's no good to us as a human, no good as a wolf because Sam can see his thoughts. So no Embry. And no Paul for that matter". He was giving me a pointed look.

"You don't have to be such a dick about it. I don't hear you suggesting anything"

"Yeah cause it's pointless"

And then it happened. I, April Clearwater had a beyond brilliant idea. An idea so fan-fucking-tastic that it might just save everyone's lives.

I gasped "I've got it!. Come on let's go."