22

Umm what?

I gave Embry a blank ass look.

"But...I don't I-uh yeah look, your going to have to repeat that for me".

Like excuse me but powers to command? Yeah. He needs to explain that shit!

And what's a first in command? If I had to choose a pack member to be my bitch then Embry Call of all people would be the furthest from my mind. 

Embry exhaled over dramatically and then looked behind us at the enfolding carnage to check if the coast was clear.

"Well Emily has like...I don't know, we haven't got a word for it yet".

I rose my eyebrows at him. "Gee could you try making that any clearer Call?"

He sighed again. "I-Right so I guess Emily has like the ability to kind of feed of Sam's powers to command us. I think it's a pack survival thing. It means that she can lead wolves and their imprints in Sam's pack. But she's not as strong as Sam, like Paul for instance, his wolf is too strong to follow Emily, he'll only follow Sam.".

I nodded but I doubted I could do anything remotely like that. "And Jared is Emily's first in command. He's Sam's as-well but Emily accidentally made Jared her first in command when he first phased. She didn't know she had powers but she felt like...an urge for Jared to protect her, well that's how she describes it anyway. Emily in our pack is like, okay bear with me but she's like an alpha female." I was still staring at him blankly. "Hey! It's a real thing I saw it on the discovery channel!". 

I started fiddling with my hands nervously. "And...you want me to be the alpha female of Jacob's little pack of rejects?"

Embry shook his head. "It doesn't matter if I want you to be. You already are because your the imprint of an alpha."

So I sorta got it, but sorta not. Embry already seemed beyond frustrated with me so I felt a little intimidated at asking him anymore questions.

"So will you let be your first in command?". He was deadly serious, like he was asking to go to war on my behalf and I realised something. To the wolves this 'alpha female' bullshit was serious. Like life or death serious. And it's a title. I don't know much about packs but I knew titles were a very big deal. 

What I definitely knew is that Jacob hasn't been an alpha for even 24 hours yet and already he's fucking up my life even more!

"Yeah I hate to break it to you Embry but I don't know how to do that". I shrugged back at him casually.

"That's cause your not even trying Clearwater!" He was on the verge of starting to phase...pretty sure I saw some pre-shakes.

I held my hands up in defence. "Well I hate to break it to you Call but now I'm definitely not feeling any urges for you to protect me. Urges to run on the other hand..."

He just rolled his eyes at me and gritted his teeth. "Just. Try."

Oh what the hell. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. Feel the urge, any urge for Embry to protect me from? Uh-um from?...the mutant baby! That'll do. Anything? I'm getting...nothing.

I peeked one of my eyes open to see Embry looking at me expectedly. I looked up at him sheepishly.

"Maybe the alpha female imprints on the first in command?. Like you can't just make it happen, it'll happen when I'm infront of whoever it's supposed to be and then I'll get the urge". 

Embry just looked offended. "You're saying I'm not good enough to be your first in command?"

I shrugged. "I'm just saying I'm not getting any 'urges' from you". But essentially yes."Besides we can't just rely on my nonexistent powers to help us out here. This meeting is about to start any minute and our only plan is powers which I don't think I possess".