12

Que looked at the exchange between Seth and I and then shook his head.

"Sue did say this would be a problem" he muttered. "April why don't you take a seat next to Jacob at the front here?".

Well maybe because we're not speaking, and I don't want to crack fist. Not to mention as much as I love you Que, I just don't trust you to not brainwash and ink me by the end of the period.

I gave an overly dramatic sigh that could rival Stacey's and started making my way to the front of this 'class'. I took the seat next to Jacob and tried with everything in me to act natural and not at look him. Que smiled down at me and to my surprise started a one-way convo. Gee Thanks gramps.

"So, April, says here your currently failing Quileute?" he sounded surprised and I felt a little ashamed. I mean my mum knew about my grades and she didn't really care. But Que, I could tell he cared, because he cared about me and I've obviously disappointed him.

"Err yeah, it's are...been a hard year, what with you know?". I didn't like making my dad as an excuse, but it was the truth. I hadn't been in the same mind set since he died. My mother just kind of ignored it all but Que, well I doubt he'll let me keep going the same way I have been.

"Well, Sweet pea that does not excuse you". Ah Excuse me? What the fuck are you on about?

He sighed. "I've known you since birth kiddo, you've been speaking Quileute fluently since you were three years old, as well as the legends. Yet the transcript in my hand says your failing the subject". He looked down at me accusingly "Now does that seem a little at odds to you, you're a smart girl April but I don't accept students failing my classes for attention."

I gulped. Never has Que spoken to me like that not to mention I'm currently being told off by my grandpa in front of an entire class. Fuck I've only been in this class for five minutes and Que already had me all figured out. Okay so maybe I was failing on purpose, obviously not well enough. My mum didn't even blink an eyelash when I showed her my report card. But Que, God he's good.

He then smiled at me. "Besides I'm sure going over greetings and how to count to ten in Quileute is exhausting for you when you can speak the language as good as English. Even some of the students in this class aren't that good, so if you do fail any of my tests then rest assured, we will be having that meeting".

When Que's eyes left mine, I stared at my desk. I could feel it... the prickle of tears. I sniffed and I knew that if I sat here any longer then I'd be balling. And I couldn't be balling my eyes out. Not here, not in front of Jacob. I knew the risks of skipping this class, but by God I couldn't sit here crying in front of the entire cult, I couldn't break again.

I took a shaky breath and then bolted for the door. Instantly as soon as I reached the door handle and run out of there, there were footsteps chasing after me. I ran, ran into the girl's bathroom and stared at myself in the mirror. I was staring at scared little girl who had no one. I felt truly alone. I have no friends and my family ignores me. It hit me like an incoming train, tears, sobs and heaving breathes of air. A mess. I was a mess.

The bathroom door banged open. There just staring at me was Jacob. Jacob-fucking-Black. I hate him. I hate how I can't get him off my mind. I hate that I long for his touch. I hate that he's mysterious and safe and handsome and makes a simple black T-shirt look like it's Gucci when really it probably costs $5 at Kmart.

I glared up at him in the mirror. "I hate you!"

He sighed "No you don't"

I scoffed "Yes I do!"

His brown eyes were glistening in the mirror as he took a step closer to me. "No, you don't Ace"

I sniffed "You have no idea how I feel, I hate you, I hate you so fucking much"