Chapter 09

When I reached the parking lot which is our meeting place, they had already arrived. Emi was wearing a smile I recognised it. The smile she always wears when she's going to tease me. And I looked around to spot anything which can go along with her smile but I found none.

"What's up?" I asked hiding my curiosity.

"Absolutely nothing."she said winking Kat.

"What are you laughing at? I can't find anything funny." I said trying to hide my annoyance."I know you two very well and it's obvious. So tell me what's going on." I said wrapping my hands around  their shoulders.

"Let's go to the class and you will figure it out." Kat said playfully.

"Hello...it sounds like you two are plotting something." I said trying not to burst into a laugh. We headed to our class as I was sort of excited.

As we entered the class, I started to search something...something new..something new which can light up my mood and there it was. Well, everything was normal except one of the empty seats were taken. Of course Aiden was back.

"Look, the one you was looking for all this time is back." Emi whispered to my ear and the warm breath of her tickled me making me blush.

"I wasn't looking for him. Not in the way you think. I just wanted to do some proper thanks." I wanted to yell but it will only ruin the whole thing as he was already here so I lowered my voice and told them.

"Proper thanks? What do you mean?  like.... you gonna treat him a dinner or something?"she giggled.

"Yes....... I did." I said lowering my voice and she burst out laughing. And

"Wait.. WHAT???"she screamed.

I couldn't tell them about the dinner as we were busy with the pile of work Mrs.Watson gave us to complete.  I had to read 'To Kill a Mockingbird' again to find answers to her questions so I literally had no time to tell about Aiden.

"Mmm.. my mom happened to know his dad and she had invited them to dine with us and I was going to tell about that and you guys distracted me and I totally forgot about that." I made puppy eyes to retrieve forgiveness. And I didn't know whether it's good to reveal Aiden's other identity as he said that he kept a low profile when we first met. I felt guilty about hiding something. 'It's his private thing so it's he who should be revealing it.Not me.' I said to myself. '

"Then there is no surprises to you."she chuckled. She wasn't annoyed at all. This is why I like her she never get pissed on trivial matters. And the class began and we had to cease our conversation as we never want to write  100 pages explanation on interrupting Mr.Miller.

After the sleepy history lesson, finally it was lunch and we headed the  cafeteria and sat in our usual table. It's always we three in that table. Kat started saying that she hadn't finished 'To Kill a Mockingbird' and asked me and Emi  to come over to help her. And our conversation drifted to the movies which we watched in the weekend and a tray landed on our table which made us three to look up. Actually it wasn't like something crashing on the table but we could hear the sound.

"Can we two join?" Brandon asked and I gazed to find the other person which made it two. And it was Aiden. He gave me a smile rubbing his back of his neck.

"Sure." Emi said with a smile. She is always friendly while I'm being an introvert.

"Thanks." Brandon said while sitting and it was our first time eating lunch with him. He used to sit in that popular people's table as he was dating Sophie Trainer, one of the hot girls in our grade but he caught her cheating with a college guy and yeah he got dumped.

"Hi! I'm Aiden" he introduced himself.

"We have heard about you from Becky." Emi giggled making both of us blush.

"You knew them? Is that why you dragged me to this table?" Brandon asked trying to hide the surprise.

"We met at the party after you left."he tried to explain.

Our little chat continued until the bell rang and Brandon was nicer than I thought.

"Wanna hang out after school?" Brandon asked while we were heading to the lab.

"We're going to Kat's place to finish 'To Kill a Mockingbird' " I replied.

"Can we come over? I also want to catch up the things I missed." Aiden said.

"Um... okay" Kat said awkwardly. I totally forgot that Brandon was her 9th grade crush. She was crushing on him since he moved here from Seattle and she was heart broken when he started dating Sophie. Wait.... both Aiden and Brandon are from Seattle. Did they know each other?

"By the way, you two knew each other before coming here?" I asked as the curiosity was killing me.

"Yeah we were childhood friends." Aiden said with a smile.

"More like childhood enemies." Brandon laughed and I don't know why he said like that.

"How did you know?" Aiden asked.

"It's just came to my mind... You two came from the same town." I said when we entered the lab.

Aiden gave us a ride to Kat's home and Emi switched on the TV as soon as she got into the living room.

"Hello... we are here to do literature" Kat said teasing Emi.

"I know I know Let's just eat something while watching something nice and then start homework." Emi nagged and Kat nodded knowing that no one can stop her.

Kat brought her books downstairs and we drowned in the pool of homework. It was six when we finished and we chatted for a while. Emi created a chat group adding all of us.

We five became closer and our chats went bigger. We started taking lunch together and hanging out before and after classes. It felt  like we knew for a long time. And it was fun.

**************************************************
See you in next chap😊😊😊