Chapter 08

After some exhausting school works, finally it's Friday night. I can watch some movies peacefully. I logged into Netflix and searched for the new released trending movies. And I heard a knock on my door.

"Mom is coming " she said while opening the door.

"Mmm.. want to watch some movies together?" I asked even though I knew the answer already and I had no idea why she was here.

"Next time. We are having dinner with some guests so it would be good if you put on some dress and come down. They will be here soon." Mom said.

"What guests? Can I just sit here without making any noise? You know I really hate to dine with adults. It's boring." I said my usual lines whenever someone is going to ruin my perfect plans.

"Trust me you won't get bored. My boss and his family just moved here recently and I invited his family to dine with us."

"You got a new boss?" I asked.

"No the CEO just moved here."

"From Seattle? And we are dining with him tonight?" I couldn't hide my surprise.

"Yeah, now go and get dressed. You won't be bored. You can hangout with his son. He's around your age as I remember. I got to see him at Seattle but never had a chance to talk. He looks like a nice guy."she said shutting the door. I heard her footsteps drifting away.

"I stepped inside the bathroom and turned on the shower thinking that I have to wait till next morning to watch my movies. I had heard those stories about CEO's son. He was like the next CEO in the company. He's holding shares since he was 16 eventhough he's still a junior or a senior of high school. Plus the rumours said that he was excellent in both sports and studies.

'Whatever' I said to myself while turning off the shower.

I heard my mom and dad welcoming them. They were already here.

I grabbed a white frock which could barely cover my knees and let my hair rest on my back. When I arrived downstairs, they were sitting in the table waiting for my arrival.

'GREAT!' I said to myself.

I lifted my head to greet and something made me freeze. May be I should call it someone. I found my jaw dropped and it was almost on the carpet. I was standing there like a freak. I noticed I got the center of attention while I was staring at him.

It was....Aiden. I knew his name was sort of familiar and now I know where I heard it.

"Do you know him?"mom asked after watching my show.

"Yeah" I said while thinking how to add up our encounter as it was not that simple to say out loud.

"We are in the same class" he rescued me.

"Hello! I'm Becky" I said in the most polite way with my brightest smile as I already ruined the first impression.

"You look pretty. Especially when you smiling." Mrs.Keyes said giving me a warm smile. And I smiled back and got seated myself.

"You are a great chef Mrs.Reyes." Mr.Keyes complimented.

And I figured out how Aiden was so friendly and nice. He takes after his mom and dad. And they started talking about business things which I always find boring.

"You two can go up and have fun." Mom said knowing that I didn't like to listen adult stuff.

"Wanna come up" I asked him using my eyes. I took a look at his mesmerising eyes probably searching for his answer. He nodded. And we went up.

"Welcome to my room" I said trying to imitate his tone when he welcomed me to his.

"Nice try" he said hiding his grin. And he sat on my bed while I was standing near my table. I found his eyes locked in mine.

"What..?" I asked breaking the silence.

"You look.. different" he said.

And my left eye brow was raised without control.

"So what happened? Still have your friends?"he asked changing subject.

"Ah! It went well. I never expected that they would welcome me at ease."

"It's good to hear that you have some great friends who are understanding. What about parents?"

"Umm they don't know yet. I don't know how to put all these things together." I sighed.

"What about yours?" I asked.

"Well, they know. They were with me when I discovered my power.

"What do you mean? An old lady came to tell about your powers too?" I asked.

"I was eight when I got to know about it. And no old lady was there."he grinned.

"Then how?" I was confused.

"My parents were busy to take me to summer camps and all my friends went camping with their parents and I was the only one left alone. And I was angry enough to shout at my parent saying most hurtful things I could say back then and I felt like my body was burning like I was on fire. And suddenly I felt normal but I was holding a glowing flame. And I was frightened and I didn't know how to switch it off. I almost set the whole house in fire." He sighed.

"So that's why you said you don't want to hurt anyone with your potentials. You are afraid because you had already gone through that experience." And he nodded.

"My parents searched about my ability and I had some meditation lessons in the breaks to control my mind and the power."he added.

And it felt like we knew each other for years. 'And how did we get so close to share childhood secrets?' I asked myself.

"You like reading?he asked pointing at my book shelf.

"I love it" I also noticed my excitement probably he too.

"Me too. I have a collection."he said with a cute smile.

"Oh yeah I saw. You have my favourites" I said with the same excited tone.

" You have Divergent " he said while leaning towards the shelf to grab it.

"You haven't read it?" That was a surprise.

"I have. When I was in the middle school. I want to read it again. Can I borrow?he asked.

"Sure thing." I replied.

"I think it's time to go down. Isn't it?"he asked looking at his watch.

As we went down, "It's good to see that Aiden has already made friends here." Mrs.Keyes said a sweet smile. And I smiled back.

"See you at school" he said while locking the car door. And I smiled back as a reply.

"So was that boring?"mom asked with a teasing tone.

**************************************************
Who thought it would be Aiden?
Did you expect it to be someone else?
Looks like Becky was the only one who got to know about her own capabilities in such a boring way.

See you in next chap 😊😊😊😊