Chapter 68

Author's note: DongFeng in love in this chapter and a small dose of coming plot. I made a call for a beta a few chapters back and lovely people answered me but I did not follow up. I am sorry about that, I still want a beta with whom I can shape up this story into what I want it to be. Private message me if interested.

Rated:18+ for adult themes and sexual content.

=============================================

Fanyin Valley was surrounded by mountains that reached high into the heavens and peaked above the various dimensions. Pools of enchanted lakes where strange creatures lived were ensconced between tall, rocky cliffs and pine trees. Rare plants that produce magical fruits grew on the cliffs' side and were fed by the water of enchanted springs that sprung out of the rocks.

Deep in these mountains, inside a cave and under a blood moon, a small tear in the fabric of dimensions opened up. Li Mei dressed in a lavender gown with an accompanying woman walked through. The sound of skittering feet followed them, and thousands of spiders filled the cave and began to weave a spider's nest. Li Mei inspected the cave, swept her skirts off the ground with a sour look on her face, and looked at her companion, who noticed her glare.

"I do not like this place Bingliang," Li Mei said and turned into her spider form, a massive six eye spider.

"Li Mei, are you still upset at Deliangs passing?" Bingliang asked as she watched her sister building a spider web.

"That beast, Donghua, killed her in cold blood. I hate him and his whore." Li Mei said viciously. "When I get the chance, I will eat her and make him watch."

Bingliang's ruby lips smiled. "You ought to leave some flesh for me. You know very well how their blood gift one special power."

Li Mei jumped from one end of the massive cave to the other as she spat out silk threads to built her large web. "Donghua was too quick. I had hope that he would lose our magical trail, but he had to go and get that foul monster, Xi Fang."

Bingliang's eyes turned cold. "Xi Fang is dangerous. He and his mate can summon deadly thunder together. I heard from sources within Xu Yang's castle that Donghua rescued his trusted General, Meng Hao."

"Where are Ailing and Chengfeng?" Li Mei asked in anger.

"They will be here, Li Mei, but you need to calm yourself. Going into battle with a calm mind is crucial." Bingliang said and, looking to her side, saw one of her children brought her a struggling phoenix. "Oh, yes, dinner time," She said with a cold smile on her face and turning into spider formed, she approached the struggling prey with fangs dripping in venom.

========================================================

Feng Jiu was having more difficulty than she had previously thought with shaping the sapphire into a sword. She felt frustrated with everything, and on the second day of trying to transform the stone, Feng Jiu gave up. Throwing her hands in the air, she walked off in a huff to the bath chambers.

She was supposed to leave the valley in a week with Donghua after their anniversary. She wanted to celebrate her Bing Cang ceremony. If she had a sword and her armour, it would be safe enough to fight the simulation her grandfather had spelled over the set of stones in Qing Qiu's capital.

Huffing and puffing, Feng Jiu bushed her teeth before undressing and waving her hand to make lukewarm water flow from a set of pipes. Donghua was visiting Queen Juno with Meng Hao, who would stay in the Valley to train Bi Yin Nao soldiers. Feng Jiu washed her hair furiously, feeling mentally exhausted from turning a rock into a blade. Maybe this was because she had not made an effort to get the stone herself, and this was why the rock was resistant, she thought with dismay.