Chapter 62

Author's note: More DongFeng in love in this chapter as well as plot movement as I tie up some leftover threads.

===========================================

"Sujin also alerted Zhang Dong to Bai Quian's whereabouts in the mountains. She had planned to have her killed while in prison, but Consort Le Xu intervened when she read her pulse and found out Bai Quian was pregnant." Lian Song continued leaving his nephew speechless.

"Ye Hua, I am telling you this because there will be much change in the months to come. Dijun thinks you are ready to become Heavenly Lord and will force Hao De to abdicate the throne on your behalf." Third Prince continued looking at Ye Hua carefully, having trouble believing what he was being told.

"Mo Yuan will be returning shortly to his position as head of Ministry of War, and Sang Ji will be instituted back into his position. Bai Quian is pregnant, which will preclude you from taking the position of Heavenly Lord until after your child is born." Lian Song said, laying out the plan to bring the Nine Heavens into order.

Ye Hua recovered slightly and said. "My twin brother is a better fit to be Heavenly Lord than I am. I do not want the throne; the Nine Heavens is a pit of snakes. I do not want Bai Quian to go through the Heavenly Trial to become Heavenly Empress."

"Dijun asked High God Mo Yuan, but he has been refused." Lian Song answered and drank his tea.

"His Lordship ought to insist, and I am willing to take on the title of Water King of North Sea in Sang Ji's stead. I have already told Quian Quian this, and she does not care; she prefers it." Ye Hua said, thinking of how there had been a time when he had envy his Second Uncle.

"Ye Hua, you have been groomed for the position your whole life. Bia Quian was Queen of Qing Qiu; she is the daughter of Bai Zhi and Mo Yuan's seventeen disciple. The two of you are Dijun's second best choice after Mo Yuan. Think about it carefully, if you instruct Ah Li properly, abdicating on his behalf in two hundred thousand years will be doable." Lian Song said.

"Uncle, you have chosen Fanyin Valley to tell me this because of something else." Ye Hua said, knowing that Lian Song was much more cautious with his words in the Nine Heavens.

"Ye Hua, Dijun intends to clean house, unexpectedly the Exalted Heavenly Court will also be seeing vacancies. His Lordship asks that you work with Bai Quian to fill the vacancies left by Qing Qiu Judges to allow him to distance himself from the proceedings." Lian Song said gently.

"Uncle, Dijun, exercised a right he had not used in a hundred thousand years when he publicly arrested Xu Yang. Are Supreme Demon Lord's actions somehow traceable to the Court of the Nine Heavens?" Ye Hua asked, feeling he could ask Lian Song about this delicate topic in Fanyin Valley's privacy.

"Yes, I am sure a rumour or two have filtered through to your ears." Lian Song answered, a shadow crossing his face.

"I heard the gossip, and it turned my stomach." Ye Hua said, thinking of the safety of his children. "I did not think I could hear worst than what Xuan Nu did to immortals."

"Dijun was furious when we found out, but Li Jing pleaded on his knees for her life." Lian Song said, remembering Li Jing on his knees, excusing his pregnant wife for the atrocities she had committed. "Never mind those two, will you be working with Bai Quian to fill the spots for Celestial Justices."

"I will speak to her. However, I accept the work." Ye Hua said.

===========================================================

Donghua and Feng Jiu had drifted off to sleep together, tangled in each other's arms, after a vigorous session of love making. However, Feng Jiu awakened and felt sudden hunger; thoughts of golden fried rice and sausage with shrimp dance in her brain. The images were vivid, making her heart thumped wildly in her chest as she was sure she heard the sizzle of oil and the smell of the lemon as the shrimps fried to corally pink goodness.