Chapter 81

"The White Bone Spirit." Jia Li explained as she flexed her paws to show her sharp claws. "It eats the flesh of immortals and will no doubt want Mistress blood."

Fear skittered down Feng Jiu's spine, and she shivered as a cold breeze blew down the cave, and the sound of clanking bones against the rock floor reached her ears.

Her magic rushed forth from deep within the center of her body and pulsed into her sapphire sword, lighting it up like a torch. The light of Feng Jiu's blade chased away the shadows in the cave and purified the miasma creeping along the rock wall. A thin, piercing screamed that hurt her ears was suddenly heard, and Feng Jiu gritted her teeth but held her ground.

"Do not harm me, please," said the voice of a young girl and from within the depth of the dark shadows, a half-naked child crawled forth clad in a torn, dirty tunic. "Help me!" The child cried out, holding out her tiny hand, and Feng Jiu saw with horror that she was dragging herself through the floor.

The sight was sickening and heart-wrenching, but before she could move to help the child, Jia Li roared in anger. The sound shook the stone cavern, and magic further lit up the cave making dark monstrous shapes run away deeper inside the mountain. Tears slipped down the young girl's face, her pitiful eyes too big on a bony face.

"You disgusting wretch!" Roared Jia Li in anger as she smelled the nauseating rot in the air. "How dare you try and trick us with the image of a child?"

"Help me, white tiger!" The child cried as she sobbed, blood pooling around her form. "She has eaten my legs and left me to crawl the caves. The horror ate my mother in front of me as I begged for mercy."

Feng Jiu was shocked and nauseated; her eyes told her what she saw was a child in distress, but something was terribly wrong. Feng Jiu drew a shallow cut on the palm of her hand with her sword in a swift motion, and the young girl froze in the ground, her eyes widening as she slowly turned her head to look at her instead of Jia Li. The child stared at Feng Jiu in wonder instead of horror as her crimson blood dripped to the ground slowly, saliva beginning to dribble from her mouth as her chest started to heaved.

"Treacherous monster!" Feng Jiu spat as she splattered her blood over the child's face burning the skin and causing her to scream.

Shadows with gleaming eyes slid forth, grunting and growling as they felt the power in Feng Jiu's blood. Jia Li growled, her magic releasing from her in pulsed electric energy that dissolved the lesser monsters that tried to approach and scared away the more ferocious ones. The cave walls shook, but Feng Jiu was not fazed. She and Jia Li could escape the falling rocks at any moment towards the outside.

The stench of burning flesh filled the cave, and a slow smiled overcame the girl's face as she looked at Feng Jiu with silvery eyes. A monster in disguised grinned at Feng Jiu, a shadow of death passed through the girl's eyes and her flesh dissolved, sloughing off the bone as she slowly took to her feet. The bare bone in her legs clanked against the stone, the smell of death overwhelming.

"Bai Feng Jiu, the Red Nine Tail Fox and only being in the Universe who has ever mixed her blood with Donghua," said the horror as it looked at Feng Jiu with dead eyes from within the cavern of white bone sockets. "If I feast on your flesh and eat your child, I will grow in unimaginable powers."

Feng Jiu's canines lengthen, and her tails undulated in the air, magic dust falling from them purifying the miasma that threatened to burn her flesh. "Eat my flesh?" She asked in a mocking tone. "Do you really think it would be so easy to kill a White Tiger from the East and myself?"

The White Bone Spirit cackled, a red forked tongue peeking forth from razor-sharp teeth. "No, of course not. But I am determined that you will die." She said and, with great agility, leapt forth towards Feng Jiu.