"Who will walk you back?" I ask, knowing it's late.

"Harry doesn't live too far," she winks.

"Well I'll walk you there and then walk to the stables," I say, putting my shoes on.

"Alright, but don't walk back by yourself, and meet me at mine tomorrow morning if you do talk to him," she says, slipping hers on as well.

"Knife?" I ask her.

"Your nurse bag?" She asks me, making sure she has it.

***

"What you doing here so late?" Charlie asks as he notices me walking over.

"Is it a crime to want to see my godfather?" I ask, seeing his eyes soften when he sees my tear stained face.

"Do I need to steal Monaghan Boy?" He asks.

"Not just yet, I'm going to talk to him first, Jade has asked me to," I say, seeing a dark figure walking up.

"That's him, pretend to be with Star, Curly had her out and I told Tommy he went with you," Charlie says, causing me to nod and run to her stall.

"She was good, knew the way home," Curly says, taking her tack off her. "I'll take Monaghan Boy at your word," he says, making me laugh.

"Evelyn," Tommy sighs, I don't turn around just yet, letting my sisters words get the best of me.

"What?" I ask, stroking Star.

"We need to talk," he calmly says.

"I'll have Monaghan Boy's tack ready," Curly whispers to me.

I nod and stuff my hands into my pockets, following Tommy into a more private area.

"Get your grubby hands away from me, I don't know where they've been," I spit, stepping away from him.

"Stop acting like a child, Evelyn," he calmly says, getting a cigarette out.

"Says the one who's been sleeping with Lizzie fucking Stark!" I yell, making him look at me.

"What are you on about?" He asks.

"My sister told me, Thomas! Jane doesn't even know the truth and Jane knows everything!" I huff, clenching my hands once more.

"I did," he simply says.

I whimper, allowing the tears to glide down my face as I go to walk past him and leave.

"Get off of me!" I spit, struggling to get out of his grip.

"I slept with her after I came back from the war, three times. She's a working girl and I paid her for it, then it stopped cause I met you," he says, blocking the exit and letting me go.

"So she didn't kiss you goodbye?" I ask, feeling incredibly stupid.

"No, you'd know that if you didn't run away with Star and Curly," he says, finishing his cigarette.