Chapter Thirty Seven

Snow DAY!!! this is for Jac who is babysitting instead of playing in the snow with me :(

"Twenty minutes Mr. Hemmings." Luke barely glanced up at the security officer that had been positioned outside his room the entire day since they made it back to Cleveland hours prior. He didn't know how he was going to do this, he had to go and perform in twenty minutes and listen to people shout things to him about the interview and Max.

Max.

What was she going to think when she got back to her dorm room and discovered he was gone and actually several hours away in Ohio? He groaned and slammed his fist into the small table he sat at, he had just got Max back and now he had left her again. Not like it was his choice but still she was never going to believe him if he ever gets the chance to tell her.

Everywhere he looked he could see Max, her hair long and blond and waving. She would be smiling at something stupid he had said and then give him a quick kiss for good luck before she, Jac, Brit and Naomi would stand back stage and watch him and his mates live their dreams. At least Luke wasn't alone in his loneliness, Naomi had been a mess since this afternoon apparently, Michael had taken off on a plane and said only that he would be back before the show begins.

Luke didn't really care, he was worried about the strawberry brunette (HAVE YOU SEEN MICHAEL'S NEW HAIR JESUS I NEED HOLY WATER!) but if Michael was a no show then they could reschedule the show and while the fans would be sad they would get to come again when the band was whole. Literally and mentally.

Another knock came on his door, he knew it wasn't his band mates or one of the girls because they had been given explicit instruction to stay away from Luke. Jack had figured out that the boys had helped Luke so he was making sure that Luke was ruining any chances he had of going back to Max. Luke called the knocker into his room and a security guard came in holding his phone.

"Luke, it's your mother she hasn't been able to get ahold of you." Luke cringed and mentally face palmed because he had never called his mother back that morning. In his defense he did get kidnapped but still. Luke made a grabby hand towards the phone and the security guard said he gets ten minutes before he has to get ready to go on.

"LUKE!" The fabulous and wonderful Liz Hemmings screamed at her baby boy when his gravelly voice came through the cell. "Where have you been? What is going on sweetie are you alright?" Liz had been kept in the dark about a lot of what had happened in the last couple of months. As far as she knew her baby boy was being stalked and it was making him incredibly stressed but that couldn't be farther from the truth. Luke had been trying to spare his mother the heart break of learning her son is a sleazeball but he hoped she would hear him out.

"Mum," his voice cracked pitifully, "I screwed up mum, really bad. And I need your help." Liz wanted to cry at how sad her son sounded, she was thousands of miles away in Australia and couldn't comfort her baby but she had to stay strong for Luke. "Please don't hate me, just listen to the whole story then yell at me okay?" Liz made an affirmative noise and Luke began.

"I met someone this summer Mum, her name is Max. She's the most amazing thing in the world and I hurt her, really bad. I used her for a bet with Ashton but I actually started to like her, hell I think I may even love her. Sorry for swearing." Liz laughed a little and Luke continued, tears in his eyes. "I lied to the world because of management, told them that Max was a stalker and I ruined her life. I tried to make it up to her, tell her I was sorry but she got really sad, sick even and I feel like the lowest person on the planet. And then just as I am about to finally convince her I am sorry, I was going to make a video and tell everyone the truth before Jack could stop me, Jack came and basically drug me back to the show. Now Max thinks I left her again and I need her mum, I can't keep doing this without her. She grounds me and I feel like I am falling for her. Please, what should I do?" He sobbed.

Liz listened thoughtfully, as I imagine Liz does often when dealing with Lukey. She had never heard her son so distraught, never heard him say he was falling in love with someone or anything of the sorts and Liz hoped this girl, Max, was worth what her son was going through but the way Luke spoke of her told her he was.

"Luke, you know what you did was wrong right?" She had to make sure her son understood. Luke made a heart wrenching sound and said yes he did. "Then you need to fix this, I know you are scared of what will happen, you never were one for confrontation but if this girl is really as amazing as you say she is then you need to show her that you do care for her. To have what happened to her happen probably crushed any trust she has in you to make it right, you are going to have to go big on this. She may make you feel like you are a normal boy but you have to remember you aren't, you are an international rock star who has got to tell his fans that he screwed up and how he feels. You won't be able to do a normal apology for this, it won't set the records straight. You have to go big." Liz said sternly and Luke nodded though she couldn't see him.

He wasn't sure how he was going to do this, Max wasn't here to see him but he hoped that someone would show her the video. There is a cover on their set list tonight that Luke can use, he will tell the world about Max and how he screwed up and then maybe, maybe she would forgive him.

"I love you baby, you need to go play now. I will love you no matter what happens." Liz comforted and Luke said goodbye and hung up just as Jack rolled in with the other boys in tow, Michael now joining them.

"Lets play a rocking show tonight boys, ya?" Jack said cheerily and if looks could kill all the boys would have killed him twelve times over. "Just remember, no funny business boys or you are off the record label do you understand?" The boys all knew that was the threat and Michael, Calum and Ashton didn't care. Someone else would sign them quickly and Luke could be happy but Luke panicked was he really ready to throw away his friends' dreams for his happiness.

As they made their way to the stage Ashton whispered to Luke and it made him smile. "Don't worry about us, win her back mate." Luke knew everything would be okay by the end of the night because no matter what he would have Max, his three best mates and their girlfriends and his mum and honestly that was enough for him.

Luke slipped his electric on and ran out with the rest of the boys, ready to either make or break his life. Jac screeched from the front row with Naomi and Brit when their boyfriends ran out but it was another voice that stopped Luke dead. There in the front row, blond hair blowing and eyes blazing with a smile plastered on her face was the girl of his dreams.

Max.

BOOM! lol not really but yayy for slight fillers! Three more chapters guys! :( So sad!

What song do you guys want them to cover for Luke to tell the world about Max I have a couple ideas but I need some ideas from you guys :)

What song!

Its been a fun time guys and I love you all -Meg:)