Chapter Seventeen

They passed a park and because why the fuck not Max shouted for them to stop the car. The driver skidded to a stop right outside of the small children's playground and Max was bailing out of the car before anyone could stop her.

The sun was already down and Luke just laughed a little before telling Ashton that they would meet them back at Warped. Ashton tried to protest, something about the managers asking about them but Luke was out of the car after Max before he could hear what the curly headed boy could say. Jac just watched Max run off to the park, she hadn't even said goodbye. She was worried that Max was still mad at her and honestly if she was she wouldn't blame her. Jac hated yelling at Max but sometimes she slipped up and it always took a little while for Max to bounce back from that.

Jac and Ashton continued on to the Warped Tour sites and Jac shot a quick text to Brian and Christopher letting them know they were still alive and laughing at their responses.

Brian: "OH MY GOD WE THOUGHT YOU DIED HOW COULD YOU NOT TELL US WE WERE GOING TO SELL YOUR STUFF MY GOD DON'T DO THAT AGAIN!"

Christopher: "Use protection."

Ashton sent Michael and Calum a text, telling them to stop by the park and pick up Lucifer on their way back and he went to cuddle up with Jac when her phone started going off.

"Hi mom," Jac said brightly, happy to speak with her mother since they hadn't spoken since she had left.

"Hello Jacqueline, how are you?" Lara asked, the sounds of her SUV audible through the phone.

"I'm good, are you driving?" Jac asked.

"Yea, your dad and I are on our way to pick up Curtis that's why I'm calling." Jac's blood ran cold because they weren't supposed to go pick up Curtis until two days from now. "We got a call, Curtis broke his arm in three places and they need us to come get him. The reason I'm calling is because I want you and Maxine at the house by three tomorrow." Jac winced because that meant she was going to have to say goodbye to Ashton a lot sooner but she was mostly worried about her baby brother. Ashton was looking at her funny and she shushed him quickly, not wanting her mom to know she was with a boy.

"Okay mom I understand that, I will tell Max. She will understand."

"Mr. Irwin would you like me to pull up to-" Ashton hit the end button on the drivers intercom as quickly as possible but not quick enough.

"Jacqueline what was that? Put Max on the phone." Jac froze, she wanted to talk to Max, and Max wasn't here. "Jacqueline." She repeated.

"Um. She's not with me right now." Jac winced because here it comes.

"Well where is she? Honestly! We trust her to take care of you while you're at this hell hole she drug you to and she leaves you alone. Why did we trust her to begin with? I have never liked that girl, I told you when you brought her home the first time that I didn't like her but you insisted on bringing her around. Then you brought her and her dramatics into our home and this is the last straw Jacqueline." Jac knew what was coming, her mom had been threatening this for awhile and tears started to flow down her face because she wasn't ready to hear it. But Lara said it anyways.

"I want her out, she had better have you home tomorrow by three, we will be home early tomorrow morning and I will have all of her stuff packed. I want her out and I don't want you to speak to her again. That. Is. Final." Jac knew she couldn't fight Lara on this, she couldn't even try. So she just agreed, told her mom she would tell Max and be home and then hung up. She made it half of a second before she burst into tears because she has to kick her best friend out of her house and she can't even be with Ashton for twenty four more hours. This is a disaster. Jac tried to call Max, her heart beating loudly in her ears and Ashton whispering soothing words and rubbing her back. After three tries she dried her tears, not wanting to spoil Max's time with Luke and tried her best to hide the shake in her voice.

"Hey Max, Curtis got hurt and mom wants us home early. Call me when you get this."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Max ran straight to the swings; she loves swing sets. Her parents had gotten her a wooden swing set when she was little and it was nestled back in the woods for most of her childhood. Every time her dad and her would get into a fight, or her parents would fight Max would run to the swing set and sit there until it was dark, just thinking and pretending she was different things.

A tall, blond blob approached her from the side and Max should have screamed because it could have been a stranger but instead she leaned into Luke as he came around behind her to push her on the swing. Luke just laughed at this side of Max, the one that swings and giggles, smiles and is like a little kid. After a few pushes he grew tired of not being able to see her face so he came around and started pushing on her knees, propelling the giggling girl higher.

"I'm taller than you Lukey!" Max squealed and laughed in delight. She really liked Luke. He wasn't judging her for being a child, every time she acted like a kid someone would tell her she's annoying. Max didn't like to feel like she was annoying people but when she spoke Luke watched her with an attention that kept her anxiety down.

"Yea, yea I know Maxine." Luke laughed out loud at Max scrunching up her nose and Luke decided that he wanted to kiss her. Right now. So Luke slipped his hands under Max's armpits quick and pulled her out of the swing and into his arms. Ma shrieked in surprise and fear before wrapping her legs around Luke's torso and pressing her lips to his. She started to tug on his blond locks and he moaned into her mouth. Luke's hands were on Max's bum, his long fingers spanning her tight skinny jeans.

He brought his hands up to her sides and gave her a exploratory squeeze and Max burst out into squirms and kicks until they tumbled to the ground. Luke and Max laughed at each others faces and Luke laughed because they had just made out in a children's park and he had a horrid hard on. Max just looked up at the stars and stared at them for a little, Luke watching her in awe. He wanted to reach out and brush the nearly white strands from her face and kiss her pink lips but he didn't want to disturb her.

"I love parks." Luke said, "I used to run away to them whenever my parents would fight or my brothers would be home and my parents wouldn't pay attention to me. I would just go and sit at the parks, swing for awhile and go home when it got dark." He cringed at how vulnerable his voice sounded, he hadn't thought about those days in a long time.

"I used to do that too," Max said as she nuzzled against his side. He placed a kiss on her head and inhaled her scent, spice and sweet and sweat. Somehow he thought it was an aphrodisiac because he wanted her. Right now.

He placed his hands on her shoulders and rolled over on top of her, her back on the soft grass and his weight was laying over her body. He knew she could feel his hard on when she gasped and her hips slightly jerked up against his thigh. Max felt all of her logic leave her and suddenly it was just her and Luke. "I need you, right now." Luke whispered huskily into her ear and goosebumps errupted on her skin.

Luke couldn't take it anymore, all of this tension he had been feeling, all of the feelings he harbored and all of his attraction for Max was too much and he was scooping her into his arms and putting him on his back. Luke knew they had passed a nice hotel a block back and that's where he was headed because he honestly couldn't wait until they got back to Warped tour to do this. He would lose his nerve if he waited plus seeing Jac might make Max question what they were doing. She was, at the moment, whispering low in his ear, kissing on the lobe and tugging on his hair and honestly she was excited for what was going to happen next.

She was a typical fangirl, all the fangirls fantasize about being with one of the boys and here she was getting to do just that. But she knew it was more than that, she felt a real connection with Luke and she thinks that Luke actually likes her too. They are both virgins and they fit together so well why not? Max might regret it in the morning but for right now nothing mattered but Luke.

And if Luke googled what he needed to do while Max was taking a quick shower at the hotel then she didn't need to know that. And if he had texted Ashton that he was about to win the bet then she didn't need to know that either.

Happy Holidays! I won't be writing the actual act because I've honestly never done it myself so I mean it probably would suck anyways so the next chapter will be after Luke and Max... Ya know.

Love you all please keep voting and commenting! Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and all that jazz. -Meg:)