Chapter Thirty-Three

Trigger warning! Cutting and arguing. Please don't read if you may be triggered I don't want anyone to feel bad or be triggered.

"And joining us tonight is the manager of 5 Seconds of summer Jack Simmons! Unfortunately the boys couldn't make it tonight, Luke is apparently sick and the rest are recording but thank you for joining us Jack." The dark haired man smiled politely at the nasally voiced interviewer and nodded in recognition. Jack wasn't planning on doing this interview, it was supposed to be Luke but when the boys called him saying that Luke was too sick to do the interview, rather than cancel it he told them that he would handle everything.

All of these rumors had been floating around about Luke's stalker Max but when the paparazzi found out she was at the party last night the internet has blown up. Stalker scandals always generate major publicity and its how the stalked handle it that either makes or breaks this. Jack had formulated his response, he was going to make sure that this Max girl never bothered Luke again and discredit her so much that if she ever wanted to tell the truth no one would believe her.

Max sat and watched the interview, she could hear her skanky roomates watching it in their living room but Max was too consumed in her nest of grief and self-hatred to be bothered to go out and sit with them. Honestly, she didn't want them to see her cry. She had arrived back on campus around noon and had stayed out of the dorms for a couple of hours, letting her roommates get back and settled before she snuck in. After leaving the party in tears Max ran home, packed and left for the security of college however it seemed the entire university was going to be watching this interview tonight and it made Max's stomach churn. Nowhere would be safe.

Jack and the interviewer talked about the band's new music coming out, their tour dates and their fans and Max dared to hope that the stalker issue wasn't going to be discussed but she hoped far too soon.

"Okay," The bleached blond woman said, "getting down to what everyone has been dying to talk about. Luke's stalker." There it was, her picture, both from Warped and then from the party last night and Max was thankful she had withheld enough common sense to lock her door because she heard her roommates shriek and call her name but she ignored them.

"Yes," Jack stated and pulled out a sheet of paper from his back pocket, "This is actually why Luke is so sick. He is making himself sick with worry over this poor, delusional girl and I wish that I could console him better but even the other boys are convinced he won't feel better until she is identified and receives help. I have a statement from Luke that he wanted me to read and he apologizes for not being here tonight." Jack stated sadly and Max's throat went dry. Delusional? She didn't need help she was perfectly normal he was just a lying ass hole. The interviewer looked pitying at the man and nodded for him to read Luke's statement.

Max was hoping he wouldn't.

"Hello everyone, sorry I couldn't do the interview tonight but I have been so consumed with grief over the events of the past few months that I can barely find the strength to pull myself together. I appreciate all of your kind words and sweet support; I will get through this. I don't know who this girl is, the one who has been labeled as my stalker but I hope that she is okay where ever she is. I know what it is like to love a band member, honestly if I had had the resources as a kid I would have stalked Green Day every day of my life.

"However, this girl's obsession has started to escalate and I fear for her mental stability. She cannot seem to grasp that I am in no way affiliated with her and that this stalking must come to an end. It is pushing me into pits of depression and I can no longer go out on my own for fear her obsession may escalate. Max," Max's ears perked at her name and then the tears fell faster down her face, she could hear her roommates now, they were frantic and pounding on the door. "Whoever and wherever you are I hope you know that I want you to get better. I need you to leave me in peace. Please, seek help." The way Jack read it you almost felt sorry for Luke, well that was the intention. To glorify Luke and make him seem caring and hurt and to completely crucify Max.