Chapter Twenty-Nine

The only reason I am updating this is because Jac says that she is losing her shit waiting. I feel bad I haven't updated Fight Me in forever but I have serious writers block on it. Soooo

Luke's eyes went wide at Vanessa's question and he looked to Max with worried baby blues. When Luke had invited Vanessa to the party it had been a spur of the moment decision. After Ashton had yelled at him Luke had gotten angry and wanted nothing more then to drive Max from his mind. So he called up one of the models from the Good Girls music video that had taken a liking to him and offered to fly her to the party in Ohio if she agreed to be his date.

He didn't really like Vanessa but his thought process was if he had sex with Vanessa maybe he would stop thinking about having sex with Max.

He sighed inwardly, using people was becoming a norm for him and he didn't like it but he couldn't bring himself to stop. After Max had heard him talking to Jack, Luke was certain she would never forgive him. He had been saying what it would take to get Jack off his back but as the months progressed and Luke was forced to repeat himself over and over he had himself convinced that Max was nothing more than a bet. He couldn't remember the fun they had, the talks and moments they shared and how she felt in his arms without seeing her eyes fill with tears and hear her voice filled with venom as she told him to fuck off.

Max took a delicate sip from her wine and Luke worried for a brief moment about her driving home with alcohol in her body but pushed it aside quickly. He was trying to forget about Max which was proving difficult with her sitting across the table from him. Looking absolutely gorgeous. With her hand laced in the hand of Harry Fucking Styles.

"Well, Luke and I go way back!" Max said with false enthusiasm and everyone at the table except Jac and Vanessa looked surprised. Vanessa because she had never heard of Max, not knowing about the whole Stalker Scandal and Jac because she knew exactly what Max was doing.

Max loved to tell stories, she loved to screw with people and keep them on their toes. She could bullshit with the pros and Jac knew that this was about to be a big whopper of bullshit. "We met when we were both younger and made a coupld of mistakes. I thought that I liked him." She said with a sad look that appeared too real on her face, but the glint in her eyes told Luke that he was screwed.

"Oh really?" He felt Vanessa's hand squeeze his thigh and he resisted the urge to shove her manicured nails off of his leg. Max nodded and continued.

"Yes, we actually met up at Warped Tour this year! It was incredible to see him in person and I wanted to believe that he wasn't like the other musicians in the system. That he wouldn't have let fame turn him into a man whore and someone who uses people for their own gain or pleasure." Max stated this so offhandedly that no one at the table breathed. Harry's hand was still laced in hers and he was looking absolutely pleased with the situation. Luke wanted to slap the singer and cut off his hands. She took a sip again from her drink, letting her statement hang there and Vanessa looked really uncomfortable.

"Luckily," she began again. "I was right to assume what I did about him. He turned out to be exactly how I had pictured him to be." Vanessa smiled at this, buying into the story that Max was spinning while to Luke the room itself was spinning. She was basically calling him a man-whore, which to her he is, and at the same time convincing his date that he was a stand up guy. What was Max trying to pull here?

"Hey, Ash." The drummer looked up from playing with Jac's hand and smiled at Luke. The kind of smile that made Luke's blood boil with agrivation. "Would you come with me to the bar? I would like a drink and I can't order here." The nineteen year old whined and Ashton nodded before placing a quick kiss on Jac's temple. Vanessa looked at Luke expectantly and her face visibly fell when Luke walked away with Ashton without a word to her. They got about three strides away from the table when Ashton hissed in pain.

"What the fuck Ash? Are you trying to ruin my life?" Luke gripped the drummer's forearm tightly and Ashton swatted his hand away before pulling Luke out of the club's main floor and into the hallway next to the bar. Ashton tried to look innocent but he was internally dying of laughter because Luke was starting to lose it.

"What?" He asked sweetly, "You said you don't care about her and Harry asked if I could find him a date. Jac was coming and Max was having coffee with Brit and Naomi so we thought, why not?" He examined his nails, trying to look uninterested.

"We?" Luke demanded, his eyes flashing dark blue. Ashton always thought his eyes were pretty but now they were slightly terrifying.

"Yea, all of us decided that you obviously didn't have feelings for Max so we didn't think it would be a problem." Luke shoved Ashton against the wall, his forearm shoved against the drummer's neck similar to how Ashton had held him down the day before. "Unless you actually do have feelings for Max." Ashton croaked out, his source of oxygen cut off.

"I don't. I told you. She is a quick fuck. I wanted to win the bet and now I am with Vanessa. I don't like Max." He parroted what he had been saying for months. "She is just a creepy stalker and this only solidifies that! She fucking followed me here!" Luke tried to reason but Ashton wasn't buying it.

"That's a bunch of bull shit and you know it! You're just jealous and can't get your fucking head out of your ass and admit you fucked up. Do it by the end of tonight or I will tell the press the truth." Ashton seethed before storming off, beer in hand, leaving Luke for his thoughts to consume him.

BOOM! The world explodes :)