Chapter Thirty-Six

"I'm sorry, you want to what?!" Ashton shouted through the phone and Luke yanked the little mobile away from his ear and grimaced at his best friends loud voice. Ashton was being ridiculous about this with his over dramatics; this had been what they all had wanted Luke to do in the first place.

"Calm down Ash, its a good idea." Luke stated, picking at the fraying bed cover of Max's bed. He hadn't found it in himself to leave the room yet, he doesn't have anywhere to go really. Max left about twenty minutes ago, she had stormed out and Luke knew he wasn't supposed to follow her or she would kill him.

The thing that sucked about this morning was that everything she had said was true. Luke is terrified of the repercussions that would occur if he defied management. Plus what if the fans hate him now? Should he care more about Max than his fans? His happiness with one person or a life of strangers making him happy?

Ashton sighed into the speaker, "I know its a good idea I am just worried. Jack isn't exactly going to just allow you to stay out there with Max until you figure out how to tell everyone you fucked up." Luke flopped onto the bed, yeah he knew that. He hadn't thought this through very well. He could hear frantic shouting in the background and suddenly a loud thud was heard before Michael's voice was heard in the phone rather than Ashton's.

"LUKE!" Michael screamed and it was in such a panicked tone that Luke felt his blood run cold. "You need to get out of there, find somewhere to hide near Max but you can't be with Max right now!" Luke could hear Naomi in the background, she was probably filling Ashton in. Luke clicked on the facetime icon and waited for his red headed band mate to appear on his small screen.

"What's going on Mikey?" Luke asked and he caught Ashton storming out of the room with Jac right behind him. Naomi flitted behind Michael nervously and Luke didn't see Britt or Calum.

"Jack left this morning, management won't tell us where he is but they got a tip that you are with Max. We didn't say anything I swear. You need to get out of there before Jack finds you." Luke grabbed his coat and was tugging on his shoes, ready to race away and return when the coast was clear. "Alright Mikey I am leaving right now, I will let Max know soon. Thanks." Michael nodded and the phone went dark so Luke put the phone in his pocket before preparing to dash out the door when he heard voices from the living room.

"Thank you once again for telling us where we could find our boy miss." Fuck! Luke had enough time to identify Jack's voice before Max's door was being thrown open and the man himself strode in followed by some of their body guards.

"Hello Luke," Jack said with a false smile and Luke couldn't stop himself from noticing that he looks a lot like a snake. "You're not a hard man to track down you know?" Max's roommates giggled from the living room and Luke wanted to slap them. After he had yelled at them they must have called his management.

"Leave me alone Jack. I saw the interview! I didn't say any of that! You lied!" He accused and the man didn't look at all disturbed by the horrid accusation.

"Oh, and you haven't? You didn't lie when you told this poor girl that you liked her? That you were going to fix things?" Luke was baffled, how did Jack know that Luke had told Max that? Jack just chuckled, "I know you Luke, you're a nice guy, you will say anything to get some one to like you. But she really won't like you when she finds out you were lying."

This made Luke's teeth grind, "I wasn't lying, I am going to make this right. You ruined her life. I am going to make sure everyone knows the truth." The body guards were flanking him now, ready to grab his arms when Jack gives the signal.

"Oh, I see." Jack got right in Luke's face as his arms were twisted behind his back and he was forced to his knees. "You think you love this girl, you think she is worth all of this. Luke you are nineteen, you don't know the first thing about love. And I didn't start this, that was all you. You fucked her Luke, you deal with the consequences. Now lets go."

The security guards hauled Luke out of the room, the singer thrashing and shouting the whole time. There was a small van outside the dormitory, no one noticing the commotion because they were all either asleep or in class. Before Luke could even object he was tossed in the back and doors slammed shut.

"LET ME OUT!" Luke screamed and pulled out his phone to call someone but it was missing from his pocket. DAMNIT! Luke kept screaming and pounding on the door until a little screen pulled away from the front and Jack's face appeared in it.

"Stop screaming Luke, we have a show tonight." And with that the lights were cut and Luke was submerged in darkness. He settled against the wall of the van and felt like absolute shit. He had just gotten to Max, now he was being snatched away before he was able to tell her the absolute truth.

That he is pretty certain that he is falling in love with her.

This was short so I am going to continue a little bit.

Max unlocked the door to her dorm room and stepped in, expecting to see Luke but was instead greeted by Christopher. Several hours had passed since she had left to get some air and do some homework but she was hoping that Luke had stayed around.

"Max!" Christopher wrapped her in a hug, "thank God I am so glad I beat him here." Confusion washed over Max, beat who here? Her roommates were undoubtedly at class and she wondered if Luke was in her bedroom but was sorely disappointed when her room turned up Luke-less. Christopher trailed in after, out of breath and glancing around nervously.

"Listen Max, Luke is on his way to see you. I wouldn't tell him where you were but he could find you anyways." Christopher rambled and Max just giggled. She understood now. Christopher had been worried about her for awhile now but she didn't know how to tell him that she felt fine right now.

"I know Christopher, he was already here. He got here last night." She smiled and Christopher looked like he had been slapped. "Easy Chrissy. I'm fine." She stated and Christopher stepped really close to her and examined Max. She didn't smell like smoke, she didn't look depressed and the color in her cheeks told him she had eaten today.

Max had thought a lot about Luke while she was doing homework, she couldn't stop herself. If Luke can fix things for her then she could begin to forgive him and maybe they could work towards an actual relationship.

"And, you're okay with that?" He asked timidly, unsure as to how his best friend was handling the singer's reappearance. Max nodded and continued searching the dorm room. "What are you looking for?" Christopher questioned as the blond ducked in and out of different rooms.

Someone was suddenly beating on the door pretty hard and Max sighed in frustration. Luke was gone. She picked up the phone to text him but when she flung open the door her phone dropped.

"Michael?" An out of breath, red haired Michael Clifford stood at her door and Max began to panic where was Luke?

"Max! It's Luke."

RARRRWWW I'm a dino lol. Four more chapters and an epilogue!

Any comments you guys have on the story?