Chapter Sixteen

Being 5 Seconds of Summer does come with some perks. Like being able to rent out an entire restaurant for a night so that no one can get pictures of you with girls on dates. That would end disastrously for all involved. While Max and Jac went back to their campsite, silently, to get changed the boys were pacing around trying to find out where to take the girls for dinner.

Calum and Michael came stumbling into the tour bus, muttering about finding their wallets cause they've found their soul mates and the two stumped boys just looked up at their loud and colorful band mates.

"So," Calum drawled out the 'o' and slung a lazy arm over Luke's shoulder. "Hows the bet going?" Wiggling his eyes at Michael and missing how both boys blanched. Luke didn't want to be the one who gave up the bet, he would NOT be dressing up like a little baby for a month. But at the same time, Ashton didn't want to be a French Maid and suddenly their pride was pushing the thoughts of the girls from their minds and Luke just grinned an eat shit grin at Ashton.

"Yea Ashy, how goes finding the other three girls?" Ashton just glared, his stomach was hurting because honestly he had forgotten about the bet when he was with Jac and hadn't found any more perspective girls, not like it would be hard but what if Jac found out.

Why does it matter if Jac found out? She is just some girl. Ashton needed to remember that and before he could let Luke get any ground he lied through his teeth, "I only gotta find two more." He said stone faced and Calum frowned while Michael high fived their drummer.

"You were with Jac all day!" Luke squawked and Ashton just laughed, hopefully convincingly. "She was asleep for like two hours, went out and had a quickie with two girls." He was lying but he didn't think that was why he felt so sick.

"What about you Skyscraper," Luke flushed at Max's nick name for him, "Does she scream as loud in bed as she does when she's pissed?" He wanted to punch Ashton for that, wanted to tell him that it was none of his business but yeah she does but he can't cause he doesn't know for sure. She had said that she was a virgin just like him, does that mean she won't want to?

"Guess you'll find out tonight." He said cockily and Calum and Michael apparently had grown bored with the conversation and were flopped on the leather couches, texting quickly on their phones while digging in the cushions for their wallets.

"Who are you two texting?" Ashton asked, thankful for the diversion from Luke and his bet. Calum looked up only briefly to answer him with "Our dates."

This is how twenty minutes later Luke, Max, Ashton and Jac are piled in one car and Calum, Michael and their dates are in another. They had called a small Mexican restaurant because Nando's doesn't exist in Ohio and Max and Jac both loved Mexican food. They hadn't wanted to do anything fancy, the girls hadn't brought anything formal to wear because they were supposed to be just at Warped. Jac was a little apprehensive, she had never been anywhere without her parents knowing and she had felt sick when she told her mom that they were still at Warped when they weren't.

Max's hair was finally dry and tumbled down her back in loose, crazy waves and Luke kept nuzzling his head in. She had switched out of Luke's clothes and pulled on skinny jeans, combat boots, a white tank top and her favorite blue and white turtle scarf. Luke thought she looked stunning and Max didn't think he looked too bad himself. The boy had on one of his signature red and black flannels but it was buttoned up and straining against his broad chest, he had even put on a little bow tie. He didn't have a hood or glasses on and Max was finally getting used to how blue his eyes are.

Jac had apparently brought a little dress, a black one with red and yellow flowers on it and paired her black vans with it to keep it from being too formal. Ashton complimented her dress and he had FINALLY gotten the onset stylist to trim his hair and he had on just a less ripped up pair of skinny jeans and a Green Day shirt with no holes in it.