"I want to win your heart", he professes in a sigh. "I want you to like me"

Her eyes flutters at his unexpected confession, making her gulp to herself as she feels the beating of her heart increasing rapidly. The chilly air of the night seems to add up to the tightness on her chest, making it difficult to breathe normally. She has yet to recover from the soft kiss ,still feeling the wetness on her lips and now this. Pressing her trembling lips, she could not find the bravery to meet his sharp eyes.

"I just want to take you out, a walk in the park or maybe a stroll along the beach—I want to take you out for dates. I want to buy you warm tea every time you feel like crying—I want to be the one you turn to when everything seems too hard for you. I don't know why but, I want to"

Too surprised, Haru could not say anything so she just stares at him with big, perplexed eyes

"I really want to win you", his hand falls onto his lap, sighing softly.

Haru wonders why he looks as if he just got rejected when he just kissed her, and she has yet to say anything. The way he speaks seems to mirror the feeling of defeat and it sounded like he is giving up on her already. She watches as he slowly looks away, a look of utter defeat clear on his handsome face.

"How are you so.... blind?", she scoffs lowly, making him look at her.

"B-Blind?"

"I thought it was obvious I was smitten by you since the night you saved me at Jiwoo's house? Wasn't it obvious? I thought I made it obvious—wasn't it? Or it was not enough?", she doubts herself this time, wondering to herself as she looks away. "I am so sure I made it pretty too obvious I was crushing on you even in class"

"Hold on, Ha—"

"I keep looking at you in class, Mister Kim. I made that obvious. But you did not bat an eye. Ever since the night you saved me, I kept looking at you and—ughh—nevemind—I am confused now"

She suddenly feels enraged at her failure to form a coherent thought because nothing makes sense in head now. The kiss still affects her, swirling her thoughts into a mess to the point she could not even form a proper sentence anymore.  She looks to the front, not wanting to look at him and it makes her even more furious that he is not saying anything.

Okay so, they kissed, then what?

"So, you were smitten when I saved you that night? Not the night at the club?", the sudden playfulness in his voice was too apparent, making she turns to him with a low gasp.

"Excuse me—what? How can you just—Mister Kim????? Don't pull that card on m—"

Her words got cut off when he suddenly pulls her into his arms, hugging her so tightly. His action sure startled her to the point she forgotten everything she wanted to say, and her mind wiped out once again.