xl. Outro

"SO? ANY UPDATES?" Alice's mother's perky voice was heard on the other end of the line as Alice leaned on her kitchen counter

It had been a few weeks already, and she was basically settled into her new home already; there wasn't much space to fill anyways. With the help of Jimin, a month's work was able to be compressed into about two weeks and it made her even more thankful for him.

"Hello?" Her mother's voice brought her back to reality.

"Yeah, oh, updates," a smile grew on her face. "Jimin is my boyfriend."

Alice honestly thought she might drop her phone and have her eardrums burst when her mother practically screamed into the phone in excitement.

"Finally!" She exclaimed. "I've known he was the one since I met him. He cares for you so much, he only wants to see you happy. I'm so happy for you sweetheart."

"Thank you," Alice hummed. "Also, I moved in a few weeks ago, and I finished everything with the contract stuff."

"Alice," she suddenly heard her mother's voice grow softer and before she could speak again, Alice interrupted her.

"If you're about to apologize, I'm going to hang up," she chuckled, earning a laugh from her mother as well, which calmed her nerves a bit.

"You're such a grown up now. I'm proud of you."

"Thank you, mom. For everything. I love you," Alice smiled gently as she spoke softly.

"I love you too, sweetheart."

-

That night, Alice had made plans with the boys after she went to school, because they missed her so much and also because they wanted to eat some barbecue. She was excited, not just because she could see her friends, but she could spend more time with Jimin. They had grown busy recording their next album and always being the studio, so they were all excited to get out for once as well.

Upon waiting for Jimin to pick her up, Alice had on a jacket, one that she wore quite often, but when she put her hand in her pocket, she felt the structure of a familiar box. She pulled it out and her eyes landed on the very pack of cigarettes from a few months before and she nearly laughed at it. She was so happy now that she basically forgot about them.

No need for these anymore, she thought, and with a scoff, she threw them into the nearby trash can as Jimin's car pulled up.

-

"Cheers!" They all exclaimed as they collided glasses with each other's, some filled with beer and some filled with apple juice. Everybody but Alice, Jungkook, and Hoseok had gotten some alcohol and Jungkook and Hoseok didn't due to the fact that they were driving. Alice wanted to stay sober in case any of them got too drunk, because she knew they were more likely to listen to her than to the other two sober boys.