xx. Little White Dress

ALICE'S EYES LANDED on the Italian restaurant she was to meet her date at as she clutched onto her purse a bit tightly

Minjun and her had rescheduled their date to Tuesday, after she had fully recovered from her fever. She had stuck to the outfit she had originally chosen, knowing that rechoosing it would basically take her through the process of nervously contemplating her existence again.

She was really about to have her first date, and unless a truck was lucky enough to hit her tonight, it was actually going to happen.

She made her way inside of the restaurant, her heartbeat beating ten times faster than before.

"I'm meeting someone here," she told the waitress, and she motioned toward a table in the middle of the restaurant. A man had been sitting there, his back facing her, but by the broadness of his shoulders and the darkness of his hair, she recognized it as Minjun. She slightly bowed to the waitress and made her way toward the table, each step matching her rapid heartbeat.

Minjun's head turned at the sound of her heels clicking on the floor, and his eyes suddenly went a bit wider when he saw her.

She had been wearing a white dress, one of the only dresses she had, stopping at her knees and complimenting her tiny waist.

"Alice," he smiled and stood up, immediately going to her chair to push it out for her. She blushed and took the seat, fixing her dress as Minjun sat down again. "You... really look beautiful."

"Thanks," she smiled. "You don't look too bad either," she remarked and Minjun chuckled in response. His hair had been neatly styled, his buttoned shirt perfectly wrapped around his toned arms, and it was understatement to say that Alice was basically drooling.

Over the course of their date, they had eaten delicious food while talking the entire time, and every word that fell out of his lips made Alice want to hear more. She learned that he'd been majoring in education, and wanted to be a kindergarten teacher after he graduated. The entire time he was talking about it, there was a smile on his face out of excitement and it made Alice extremely happy.

He's too perfect, she thought.

Though, after almost an hour and a half of eating and talking, Alice stated that it was probably better she went home because she had work early the next day.

He didn't even hesitate to pull out his wallet, paying before Alice could even protest. He told her it was the least he could do for bringing her out on a date against her will, a statement that she couldn't help but laugh at.

"I can walk you home," Minjun raised his eyebrows innocently at Alice as they exited the restaurant.

Her eyes slightly went wide at his words. She couldn't possibly let that happen, if Minjun saw that she lived in Jimin's apartment, well, that would be one hell of a story to tell him. She also didn't quite want him to know that she was basically homeless.

"It's okay, it's a bit far," she lied.

"Are you sure?" He blinked.

"Yeah, I'll grab a taxi down the main road," she pointed toward the road behind her.

"Okay, I actually have to head this way," he pointed behind him. "I guess this is where we unfortunately say goodbye," he sighed playfully, causing Alice to chuckle.

"This was fun, thank you for tonight. Really," she smiled at him.

"I should be the one thanking you, I've been wanting to go on this date with you since the moment we met," he chuckled, running his hand through his hair.

"Sorry for the delay," Alice said.

"Don't worry about it. It was worth it," Minjun looked at her. Her cheeks flushed as she met his gaze. "Text me when you get home, yeah?"

Alice nodded with a slight smile. He suddenly leaned in, resting his hand on her arm as he pressed a kiss on her right cheek.

"Goodnight," he smiled at her and Alice said her goodbye before turning around and walking away, a smile on her face as her finger traced where his lips had met her cheek.

-

Alice kicked her heels off as she stood at the front door, hearing the television on in the living room.

"Jimin?" She raised her eyebrows and walked to the living room, seeing Jimin on the couch watching the television.

His head turned to her, glancing at her outfit before his head froze in place.

"H-Hey," he blinked, watching her in awe as she placed her bag down.

Holy shit, he thought.

"Alice? You're home?" Hoseok's voice echoed from the hallway before he walked in, stopping as he too saw Alice's outfit. "Wow! Why are you so dressed up? Where were you?" He raised his eyebrows.

"I was on a date," Alice smiled, shyly tucking her hair behind her ear.

A date. Jimin's face fell.

"A date!" Hoseok exclaimed. "With who? Do I know them?" He walked toward her, curious.

"Minjun," Jimin's head turned back to the television and mumbled from the couch, but loud enough for Hoseok to hear.

"Oh! He's nice!" He nodded. "How was it? You want to see him again?"

"It was amazing," Alice hummed as a slight smile rested on her lips while she unpacked her small bag.

"Yah," he smiled and clapped his hands excitedly. "Jimin, isn't that good to hear?" He looked at Jimin innocently, who didn't return his gaze.

"Yeah," he grumbled, his tone a bit annoyed. Alice and Hoseok didn't realize this, however, as they continued to talk about the date while Jimin tried his best to block out their words.

-

"Don't be weird," Jimin chuckled. "Alice wouldn't like any of you anyways," he stated, causing his friends to erupt into a fit of whines.

"Jimin-ah!"

"Please!"

"Probably want to keep her all to yourself!" One of his friends laughed, causing Jimin to laugh and playfully push him. "I would!"

"Be honest, Jimin," his other friend looked at him. "Have you ever had feelings for her?"

Jimin pursed his lips in thought, his eyebrows slightly raising. "I did, a bit. I liked her at the start, but I realized how important her friendship is to me, so I stopped," he shrugged.

"Wow, Jimin-ah," they all cheered playfully as Jimin rolled his eyes.

"How do you control your feelings?" One of them whined. "I can't seem to do that."

Jimin chuckled before speaking up. "Stop joking around," he snickered. "But, if I'm being honest, she'll always have a special place in my heart."

His friends erupted into a fit of teasing 'aw's and 'oo's, causing Jimin to laugh loudly and hit them for being too loud.