xxviii. Racing Heart

ALICE'S EYES FLUTTERED open as the bright sunlight shined on her face, squinting in response

ALICE'S EYES FLUTTERED open as the bright sunlight shined on her face, squinting in response. She began to stretch a bit, but immediately paused when she felt a weight on her stomach. She looked down and saw none other than Jimin's arm, still wrapping around her torso. Her eyes shot open as they travelled to his face, the memories of the night before replaying in her mind.

Jimin's advice, how she cried, the singing that lulled her to sleep.

The feeling of his thumb against her cheek. The feeling of his arm around her waist. The feeling of his cheek against hers, his warm, smooth skin against hers.

Before she could stare at his beautiful, sleeping face a while longer, she gently picked up Jimin's arm so she could roll out of bed. The moment her feet touched the floor, she released the breath she had held in hopes to not wake Jimin up.

Her mind was hazy, her brain was working faster than she could manage, not even able to form a sentence.

She had spent the night beside Jimin, being held in his warm embrace, for the second time in one month, and she wanted to get back into bed with him. She wanted to feel his skin against hers once more.

What the hell is happening to me?

She checked the time, seeing that it was already 8:30 in the morning. They had to catch a bus at 12 o'clock, and they had to check out by 10, so she was panicking a bit.

She mustered enough energy to take her eyes off of Jimin to go to her suitcase, starting to pack. She didn't even know what she would do if Jimin had woken up then, or what she would say. Her mind was completely scattered with emotions and to say she was overwhelmed was an understatement.

In the midst of Alice doing her makeup in the living room half an hour later, Jimin had finally woken up.

He glanced beside him and saw his arm resting on the empty spot of the bed, frowning a bit when he realized Alice wasn't there. Waking up to her face would have made his entire day, but he just wasn't that lucky that morning.

He pulled himself out of bed, his eyes slightly closed as his hair was a mess.

"Alice," he mumbled as he walked out into the living room.

Shit, she thought before hastily turning around to see him.

"Morning," she quickly said before turning around again to continue her makeup. "W-We have to check out by 10, so hurry up and get ready," she said lowly.

"Are you okay?" Jimin bent over the couch behind her and peeked over her shoulder. She jumped a little when she saw him through her small mirror, heart racing a bit.